Chapter 20

I made my way down the long leaf-covered path towards hogsmead where i soon met my mother and Narcissa.

We decided to get some lunch and then look for a dress that i can wear to the engagement party that's coming up in 3 weeks- the 14 of November- so we went to a ball gown shop that was located near hogsmead.

I grazed the tips of my fingers over dozens of dresses. From puffy princess dresses to short silky party dresses i still couldn't pick a dress.

We were about to leave when i spotted a beautiful dress out the corner of my eye.

"Wait!" i called to my mother. She looked confused until i picked out the dress i saw and held it up to her. My mother nodded in approval so i went over to the changing rooms and tried on the dress.

As i walked out my mother, Narcissa and even the lady on the tills jaw dropped. The few people that walked passed the shop took a moment to stare at how beautiful the emerald green dress hugged my body.

It was a wide V neck corset that hugged all my curves with long a semi-puffy skirt that has a long slit up the left leg. unfortunately it had to have long-sleeves to hide my mark but it added the final touch.

[A bit like this but with sleeves and less puffy

[A bit like this but with sleeves and less puffy.]

"You look absolutely beautiful" Narcissa commented.

"I agree, dear. That's the one!" Mother included.

So Mother paid for the dress and then we decided to go for a walk by the black lake.

"When is the actual wedding mother?" I asked.

"Not for a while now i think it's around this time next year" She said, although it was kind of like a question.

We stayed out for about another hour until we decided to go our separate ways. As i was walking up towards the entrance to Hogwarts i saw Astoria sat on huge rocks by herself, reading.

She didn't seem to notice me until i walked past. "Oh hey Olivia can we talk?" she asked nicely.

"Um yeah sure" i hesitated. She motioned with her head to come sit next to her and i did.

"I know this is weird but i just wanted to apologise for how i acted when we first met. It was completely childish and wrong of me. I swear i've changed since then- since i met Theo." it came as a shock to me when she apologised but i excepted it anyways.

"It's fine honestly i was no better! Anyways, how are you and Theo doing?" I replied.

"It's been good actually, he's really good for me"

"that's great! He deserves someone like you" she smiled in return.

"Anyways, how are you and Malfoy doing?" She chuckled.

"Well, he does win arsehole of the year" i laughed. "but no it's doing okay, the engagement party is in a few weeks i just picked out my dress for it"

"Thats great! i think my family was invited to that but i'm not sure." she told back. It's surprising how much Theo has actually changed Astoria. She really isn't that bad.