chapter twenty five

Days pass and celebrations end. Time carries on like normal.

The palace is quiet like it was before we left, and I fear it will remain this way for the following months. The only thing I look forward to when I wake up in the morning is wedding planning. When I forgot who my groom is, it's the most fun.

I can plan what flowers are used, the food eaten. I get to help the planning of what my dress looks like. Then when what I plan is finished, it's sent to Scaleswind where the wedding will occur. . . Where I will remain.

Hayden has considered moving Laurance's coronation up before my wedding. I don't mind, but he's unsure. As of right now, he's debating between it's original date and an earlier date. There hasn't been an updates on it, but I don't think he'll have it beforehand because there will already be other coronations before my wedding.

We didn't stay long. There wasn't a need to stay long on O'Khasis. Business had been covered before through a meeting with the kings and their heirs, and there wasn't much to say afterwards.

So after a few days, we left to return home. Meteli was having their own kind of celebrations, proud that another marriage happened. Even if they couldn't attend, they still celebrated nonetheless.

Will they celebrate this way for me? Will it be far more extravagant since I grew up with them? Or will Laurance's be better because he's heir and the only son?

Times are still rocky between Laurance and I. He's tried to find new hiding spots, but I always manage to find them. I know he doesn't want to be found. That's common sense, but he can't keep trying to hide like this. He can't hide from his problems.

I've been taking a lot of walks lately. Around the halls. Around the grounds. The gardens. Anywhere my two feet can take me I go.

Leo has begun to write to me again. He's suggested I come to Scaleswind to meet his people, but the idea of traveling alone scares me. I've never traveled so far alone. There's always been someone there to accompany me on the long journeys. Hayden has suggested I go and that Laurance will accompany me. That way they can 'bond' and develop a stronger alliance due to failed engagements. He fears that something like that would tamper Laurance's standing as king.

While he is set on ties with O'Khasis, Hayden fears Scaleswind would be a different story. Cadenza's kingdom has strong ties with us, as well as Brightport, but having two powerhouses like O'Khasis and Scaleswind would help Meteli immensely if we were to ever need help.

I've had updates about Garroth's elopement and his whereabouts. While on a sudden business meeting located in Phoenix Drop, Laurance accidentally stumbled into Garroth on a walk through the village. Small, pretty, and nearby. Laurance claims he could visit Garroth whenever he wished if he really wanted to because of how close he was.

I couldn't be happier for Laurance for having someone he was so close to be right around the corner. Now, they wouldn't have to rely on letters to speak. Horse rides could work as to spare themselves from unwanted attention. Garroth has even become a knight.

I heard of Laurance's secret envy of him through an accidental encounter with Laurance. He was far too happy and explained it all to me in a rush in the middle of the hallway. At that moment I believed that Laurance gave up trying to hide. But the next days when the happiness wore off, Laurance was back to his old games of hide and seek. I don't like being the seeker.

Taryn has left the palace. Due to Alex's request, Taryn remained as her lady in waiting and took the long trip to O'Khasis. It was a bittersweet parting. She was happy to see her again, but we had a friendship together. I knew I wouldn't see her often after she left.

Laurance and I gave her a mini send off. Hayden found it to be silly and a waste of time, but Taryn was our friend. She was a confidant and now she's gone. Because of her leaving, the palace is even quieter.

"Your highness," a voice says. I turn my head to Victoria. She looks at me for a moment before turning her head to look down the hallway. "I don't know if I'm interrupting your walk, but your seamstress has requested your presence earlier than your scheduled meeting. His Majesty has also requested for me to tell you that your future trip to Scaleswind with His Royal Highness is in a few days and that you are to report to his study after your wedding planning."

"I see," I sigh. "Thank you Victoria."