CHAPTER XXV

SAN glanced at the digital clock on her car's dashboard as she put the car on park. It read 7:28 AM. Which was a little late considering malapit lamang ang Ateneo sa UP, natraffic siya dahil medyo umulan kaya't nagtagal siya sa paghatid sa mga kapatid.

She let out a contented sigh at the soft thumping of the rain on her car. She watched as raindrops started pebbling on her windows. Pulling over her hoodie, she smiled. She loves the rain kahit minsan hassle kapag meron siyang plate na kailangan ipasa.

As usual, 6 nanaman siya natapos kanina but the rain put her in a such a good mood, napaluto siya ng breakfast. Tuwang tuwa ang mga kapatid niya.

She brought 3 lunchboxes and some sandwiches para sa kanila nila Erin at Gio. She loves breakfast meals, kaya niyang buong araw, breakfast food lang kakainin niya.

She still has a soft smile on her face as she walked to their building, dala-dala ang baon niya.

She was entering their building when someone called her attention, "Santana, you'll catch a cold." She whirled in surprised as she saw Tres walking towards her. He was wearing his varsity jacket and a baseball cap. And currently, her heart was in her throat.

"Good morning to you too." Sambit ni San habang pinapakalma ang sarili dahil sa gulat.

"Good morning. I'm sorry I fell asleep last night." Tres stopped a foot in front of her.

"It's fine. You need to rest." San grinned at Tres, "Familiar?" She teased.

Tres just shook his head and gave her a tumbler. Napakunot si San, "Hm?"

"Coffee." Sagot ni Tres at tinangap ito ni San.

Hindi na ito nag hintay pa ng sagot ng naguguluhang si San at tumalikod na ito matapos sabihin, "I'll see you later."

"Tres, wait! I have breakfast sandwich with me! Trade tayo." She laughed as she was rummaging her bag for the sandwich.

"No need it's—" San cut him off after almost shoving the sandwich his way, the small soft smile never leaving her face.

"You didn't need to give me coffee, but you still did. I'm giving you this, because I want to." She beamed, lowering her hood.

Tres slowly nodded and thanked her before leaving their building. San was still smiling when she found Erin and Gio when she entered their class.

Hindi pa siya nakakaupo ay may lumapit sa kanya na kaklase nila, "San, pedeng magtanong?" Sambit ng lalaki sa kanya.

Napawi ng kaunti ang ngiti nito at kumunot ang noo. "Yes?" Tipid nitong sabi, she's looking straight to his eyes.

"Kayo ba ni Tres?" The guy said while rubbing the back of his head uncomfortably, "Nakita ko kasi kayo sa may lobby kanina."

"No." She disliked people in her business. Lalo na kung hindi naman niya kilala.

She glanced briefly before seeing Erin at Gio looking at her, "Can I go now?" Her face was now void of emotion.

"Uh—yes." Hindi na ni San hinintay kung may sasabihin pa ito at tumalikod na at pumunta sa tabi ni Erin at Gio.

"What's with that?" Gio asked worriedly.

San shrugged, "Asked me kung kami ni Tres, nakita daw kami sa lobby." Sabay upo nito.