CHAPTER XXIX

NAGHIHINTAY si San sa salas nila Erin habang naliligo ito, si Gio naman ay nakatulog sa tabi niya.

She went to the loveseat to curl up dahil nakakaramdam na din siya ng antok. Kakahiga lang niya nang mag ring ang telepono niya, nakapikit niyang sinagot ito. She placed it against her cheek, "Hm?"

"Did I wake you?"

"Not really." San slurred the words as she was still closing her eyes, almost falling out of consciousness dahil sa antok. "Who's this? I'm too sleepy to look at my screen."

"It's Ayrton."

San moved to make herself more comfortable before removing her hand on her phone to hug a throw-pillow. "Morning, Ayrton." She mumbled, still half asleep while her phone was on her cheek handsfree.

"Buenos días, señorita."

"Cuídate, cabrón." Sagot ni San bago siya tuluyan na makatulog. Huli niyang narinig ay ang malakas na tawa sa kabilang linya.

"E!" San groaned. Pano ba naman, gusto nitong pag suutin ng black dress si San. Nothing's wrong with it except, mahihirapan siyang tumakas pag ganito suot niya.

"Give it up, Santana Marie." Gio laughed habang tinutuyo ang buhok. Naka-two piece suit itong itim at turtle neck na panloob, which is of course, black. "I tried arguing na mag mumukha tayong gloomy at may aattendan na wake, but she doesn't listen."

"Fine." She glared at Erin, "But you'll have to help me slip out mamaya."

Erin grinned at her before nodding enthusiastically.

"Congratulations on your exhibit, Gio and Erin! Seriously, you've both worked so hard. I'm so proud of you both." Bati ni San sa dalawang kaibigan habang nagsasalita sa harapan si dean Anastasia.

"Aw thanks, San." Erin gushed and hugged Santana.

Gio patted her head, "Thanks, Santana Marie. Thank you din sa pagpayag na ma-feature." Gio grinned at her.

"Ew, ang sweet nating tatlo." San scrunched her nose playfully.

Gio and Erin smirked at her before kissing her on both cheeks. Santana laughed as both her friends sandwiched her between them.

"So kelan dating ng muse mo?" Tanong ni Erin kay Santana.

San shrugged, "Don't know, I know na late sila because I told him about dean and since I know he hates the spotlight."

Santana's phone vibrated and she saw that it was Kane. She tensed. Every time her siblings texts or call her, she gets anxious. Always expecting the worse. She opened Kane's message and heaved out a breath of relief after reading it. It was only to tell her na nasa bahay na sila. She visibly relaxed and fired a quick good night text and kept her phone.

Gio and Erin were mingling and making their rounds with their families and guests. Marami kasi silang ininvite na sponsors kaya't busy ang mga ito. Si San naman ay nasa sulok lamang, watching everyone while nursing a flute of champagne in one hand.

"San, hanap ka ni dean." Sambit sa kanya ng kaklase nila Erin.

She wanted to frown but kept it to herself. Nagpasalamat siya sa blockmate nila Erin at pumunta sa gawi ni dean. But not before sipping on her champagne.

She almost walked back to her corner ng makita niyang magulang ni Tres ang kausap ni dean. Weirdly, hindi niya makita si Tres sa gawing iyon.