CHAPTER XLVII

AYRTON played exceptionally well on today's game.

In fact, nag-triple double pa ito. And Santana witnessed it. Free cut kasi siya kaya't naisipan niya na humabol sa game. Which her convoy probably didn't appreciate, because she was diverting her usual routine.

Pagdating niya sa arena ay second quarter na. Walang ganoong nanonood dahil weekday ngayon at umaga ang game kaya't naka kuha pa siya ng ticket na malapit sa court. She was just planning to drop off without anyone knowing.

Si Erin kasi buong araw itong may shooting para sa reporting at may klase naman si Gio. When she was about to slip through ay nakita siya ni Eli mula sa court.

"San!" Lakas na tawag nito. Napatingin tuloy sa kanya yung ibang tao. What is it with basketball players and their loud voices?

Nonetheless, she smiled and waved at Eli she mouthed a 'congratulations' in which Eli beamed. He motioned a phone on his hand, signing that he would call her. She shook her head and mouthed she doesn't have a phone.

Dahil kagulo sila ni Eli mag-usap ng malayo ay napatingin narin sa gawi niya ang ibang teammates nito. Jules' voice was echoing through the arena because he was being interviewed after the game. And Ayrton was nowhere to be found.

Not that she was looking for him.

Natawa ito kay Eli dahil halatang naiinis na dahil hindi sila magkaintindihan. So he made his way to her.

"Hey! You came! Sabi ni Kuya hindi ka daw makakanood. He was so disappointed when I asked." Eli laughed as if remembering his brother's face. "But here you are! Nakita ka na ba niya?" Tanong nito bago tumayo sa may barriers.

Umiling si San. "Nope. Wala lang akong prof kanina kaya naisipan ko dumiretso."

"Pakita ka kay Kuya! Text mo, pupunta agad yon. Nag-shower ata. Alam mo naman yun, tatakas agad dahil sa interview." He beamed at her.

"I was mouthing to you kanina na wala akong phone. I lost it weeks ago." She snickers. Naalala niya kasi yung itsura nilang dalawa kanina.

"Ah! So kaya hindi ka nagrereply!" He made a tsking sound as he shook his head, "He was so worried about you, you know." He suddenly said solemnly and his eyes softened at her.

And it bothered her.

Alam naman niya na nag worry ang mga kaibigan niya sa kanya noon. But she didn't know that it was this serious. Nabagabag tuloy siya lalo.

Eli must've sensed the change of her mood because he suddenly perked up and beamed at her, "Anyway, can you wait here? It would really make Kuya's day." Sambit nito pero hindi na nito hinintay pa ang sagot ni San.

He turned and jogged lightly to the dugout while murmuring. Santana only catches "happier than the win". Whatever that meant.

So she awkwardly went back to her seat and sat back down. After her and Eli's conversation, she can't seem to leave without greeting Ayrton.

Wala pang sampung minuto ay naaninag na niya si Ayrton galing sa dugout. Her breath was caught at her throat.

It wasn't because his hair was still messy and dripping from the shower. Nor because he looked good in his sweatpants and an oversized shirt. But it was because when their eyes met, he was already smiling so brightly at her.

He should've had the name related to the sun. He was so strikingly attractive and everyone seemed to turn and stare at him too as he walked across the court. He was lethal.

Not that she saw anyone besides him. Or hear anyone for that matter. She was so fixated at him that all she was hearing was a ringing on her ears and everything but Ayrton blurs out. It was almost comical at how cheesy it was.