CHAPTER LIII

"WHAT an ugly mug." Claude commented as he rounded the kitchen counter where Santana was sitting. The said mug was oddly shaped and looked disfigured. Not the artsy way either. It wasn't even shaped properly.

Ang panget. He thought.

His Ate rarely buys things for herself so he really cannot say anymore about it. Doesn't change the fact that it's ugly. He looked at it with disgust.

Then his gaze shifted to his sister, her forehead was resting on the cold marble top as she was nursing her hangover.

Binuksan ni Claude ang kanilang refrigerator at kumuha ng malamig na tubig. Pagkasalin nito sa baso as sumandal ito sa may counter at uminom habang nakatingin sa Ate nito na hindi pa din tumutunhay. Napuyat siya kagabi dahil dito.

Kagabi kasi ay niyaya nito si Claude na samahan siyang uminom para makalimutan nitong may flight si Ayrton pabalik ng bansa. Kaya't pagkababa nila sa may bar nila sa may entertainment room ay uminom agad ito.

It was probably the first time they've used this part of the house. And Claude thinks it won't be the last time.

Watching his sister paint angrily while drunk-ranting in Spanish was more entertaining to him than his whole UAAP season. Kahit na inutusan pa siya nito na dalahin ang mga art supplies niya galing sa kwarto niya.

Except for the fact na rindi na siya sa pangalan ni Araneta. It was too much. Especially at how tenderly his Ate calls him.

"By the way, you keep on trying to FaceTime Araneta last night." Napatunhay ng mabilis si Santana sa sinabi ng kapatid, eyes widened in horror at Claude's revelations. He continued, "So like the good brother that I am, pinigilan kita." Santana visibly relaxed at that.

Then Claude had this mischievous grin on him that immediately raised the alarm bells for Santana. "No. What did you do?" She was looking at him in horror.

"Oh, Ate. It's what you did. Not me." His eyes gleamed with mirth as watches his sister's expression. "Pinigil kita sa pag tawag, but texting? Nah."

Humalakhak si Claude ng kumaripas ng takbo pataas papuntang kwarto niya si Santana upang tignan ang phone nito, "Love keeps you on your toes. But shame gets you running."

"Bakit takbong-takbo si Ate?" Kunot noong tanong ni Kidlat na galing sa direksyon ng tinakbuhan ng Ate nila.

Claude rounded the counter again and placed a hand on Kidlat's shoulder while saying, "What you just witnessed was a few drunk texts can cure a hangover, Kidlat. You better remember."

He walked towards the now empty hallway and shouted after his sister, "Ate, I'm gonna buy you another mug. Ang panget nito."

"I miss you. Please come home. By my side." Eli said in a high pitched voice as if mimicking Santana's voice.

Santana flushed as Eli and Jacob looks at her teasingly. Apparently, hindi lang drunk texts ang iniwan niya kay Ayrton. She sent him voice messages as well and Eli and Jacob just happened to be there when Ayrton opened it. Right.

"I do not sound like that." She grumbled, still embarrassed.

Santana visited Ayrton early in the morning. As soon as Eli had texted her that his brother was awake, she was up and jogging towards their house. The embarrassment of the drunk texts momentarily forgotten. Sobrang saya niya lang dahil nakauwi ito ng maayos.

"Eli, shut up." Sambit ni Ayrton na kakapasok lamang sa may receiving area ng mga ito.

Santana stared at him. Her gaze softened as she took him in, he looked exhausted. And his jaw was set, like he was upset about something.