CHAPTER XXX

"HI, can I borrow Tres?" San approached their group as Erin warned her.

"He's all yours, San. Kahit 'di mo na ibalik." Panloloko ni Jules sa dalawa.

Tres raised an eyebrow at Jules as Tres was walking towards San.

Wala pa man itong sinasabi ay sumagot na si Jules, "Sige kay Santana ako sasabay!" Jules taunted, rolling his eyes. To San, it looked ridiculously cute rather than intimidating since he's still holding the massive bouquet. She bit her inner cheek to stop herself from smiling.

"Parang bata." Carlos chuckled as San and Tres turned around and walked towards the floor length window around the corner of the art hall.

"Uh, first, thank you for coming. Kahit ginamit ka lang din ni dean for ticket sales." Santana grimaced as they stopped near the window.

Tres put his hand inside his pocket, looking down at San who was facing the glass. "I am at fault and it's the least I can do."

San faced him, "Still. Anyway, I have to warn you, gusto ni dean i-introduce yung piece ko...with the muse."

Tres stiffened slightly and San immediately felt bad, "Don't worry, I already talked to her. Pero kakausapin ko ulit just to be sure. I'm telling you so you have a heads up and mas okay if di ka niya makikita before the introduction starts, precautionary ganon." San offered a small smile as she looked at him through her lashes.

She decided to lighten up the mood, "You clean up nice, Araneta." Her eyes glinted with mirth as Tres meets her stare. He did look good. His usually tousled taper haircut was styled slick and neat to match his tailored suit. Santana understood why he was getting stares throughout the night seeing him up close.

He really looked like he was sculpted meticulously during the renaissance period, now that she thinks about it. Mukha din siyang model ng Armani. He smells like Armani too.

"Papá nagged the shit out me to wear this. Should've seen how many photos he took of us before we leave." Tres grumbled making San laugh.

"So much for not liking his pictures taken, huh?" San smiled as she faced the window again. Even though the art gallery was playing soft jazz music, they could hear Makati's traffic outside.

After a few seconds of silence, Tres spoke, "You look—" he paused, making San face him.

Tres tilted his head to stare at her, "You look like a painting, Sison."

Santana's eyes widened a tad as she soaked up Tres' words. It made her insides mushy. She blinked at him and cleared her throat before breaking in her first genuine smile of the day, "That's probably the best compliment I have ever received, Tres. Thank you." San was still smiling as she face the window again.

"Ayrton." He corrected.

San glanced up at him, creasing her eyebrows in question, "Hm?"

"1 of the 9 wishes." He faced the window as well to look at the traffic, "Call me Ayrton."

After she warned Tres—ahem—Ayrton, nagpaalam na ito sa mga kaibigan. Huli kasi iyong piece niya na ia-auction, kaya't nung malapit na ay nagp-plano na siyang tumakas.

She slipped to Tres—Ayrton's table para magpaalam. She was bending so that she won't block the view, "Hey, I gotta go. Okay na kay dean na hindi ka na i-introduce so no need to worry." Sambit nitong pabulong habang nilapit ang mukha niya sa tenga ni Ayrton—far enough that it wasn't uncomfortable but close enough for her to caught a whiff of his perfume.