CHAPTER XLI

SANTANA was in big trouble.

As she watched Ayrton grinning freely as the team celebrated, it was game over for her.

Her breath was literally caught in her throat as she stared at him—fascinated. He looked so attractive it almost hurt. Sure—she knew he was handsome—from his broad-shoulders, tall stature, his sculpted face, and even down to his damned dimple, she wasn't blind. But to her, to see him disheveled like this after the game and his eyes were brighter than usual with his lazy grin gracing that face...Díos. She hated eye contact but these days she seemed to always look at him in the eyes. It was weird.

"Huy, ang gwapo nung Captain ng UP!" She snapped back to attention as someone shouted from the back. And honestly, she understands them fawning over him. He was extra good-looking today. She wasn't sure why. Maybe it's the extra glint of playfulness that made him look boyish.

She averted her gaze. This is bad.

Naiwan siya sa may bleachers dahil tinutulungan ni Gio si Erin magbuhat ng gamit nito. Usapan nila na dito ulit sila magkikita-kita after ni Erin. The crowd was already dispersing pero may ilan-ilan pa ding hindi pa umaalis at nagp-picture.

Maya't-maya niyang tinitingnan ang telepono niya dahil hinitintay niya ang text ni Kidlat kung nakasakay na sila sa kotse dahil si Kuya Robert ang susundo sa kanila ngayon.

"True! Pero suplado daw 'yan. Ayaw magpapicture at interview." Sagot ng isa pang babae sa may likod niya.

She didn't mean to eavesdrop, malakas lang talaga silang mag-usap.

"Huy! Nakatingin dito! Omigod!"

Santana sighed in relief as she saw Kidlat's message. Pauwi na daw ang mga ito. As she look up to the court, she's met with a grinning Ayrton. Nasa may harap na niya ito. Ang pagitan lang nila ay yung divider ng court at upuan nila.

Her heart skipped a beat. Hermoso.

"Congratulations, Captain. Great game." She beamed at him. He played really well. Mukhang good mood na good mood din ito. Kaya siguro extra-guapo siya ngayon.

"Thank you." He was grinning so widely at her and he looked so adorable it pinched her heart. That damned dimple. What the hell is wrong with her.

Wala siyang nagawa kundi pantayan ang malaki nitong ngiti. It was contagious, "You look happy."

He nodded, still staring at her, the smile never faltering on his face. "I am."

Santana laughed. ¡Qué Mono. "Bakit ka mag-isa?" Takang tanong ni Ayrton.

"Gio's with Erin. Kakatapos lang nung interview kaya tinutulungan niya mag buhat ng bag kasi magpapalit ng damit. You should shower, Araneta. Matutuyuan ka ng pawis." Kunot noong sambit ni San.

"Dinner?" Aya ng binata dito habang nakataas ng bahagya ang kilay nito. His arms were spread and leaning on the dividers while staring at her. Naririnig niya ang pagsinghap at pag bulong ng mga babae sa likod niya.

"Rain check? I'm with Erin and Gio." She smiled shyly at him.

"Jules asked them earlier when the interview ended. They agreed. I'll see ya, Sison." He winked at her.

Díos.

Simula nung unang game ay may nag-iba kay Ayrton.

He was all smiles at her and it was doing something to her that she couldn't control. He was even more attentive nung nag dinner sila kasama ang ibang team nitong mga ito. Giving her water, putting food in her plate, pulling the chair for her—it was unusual.