CHAPTER XLVIV

SHE was officially in a slump.

And a pounding headache to couple with it. Santana massaged her temples as her brother paced across the garden patio. Still wearing his university's warmers.

"I don't care. Call off your guard dogs!" Claude growled. He was talking to their lawyers dahil napipikon na ito sa security details na pinadala sa kanya.

"Un-fucking-believable. Can you believe there were two Escalades tailing our coaster earlier, after they inspected it?!" Bulyaw ni Claude habang galit na umupo sa lounge chair nila. Nalate daw kasi sila ng dating sa may arena dahil sa "inspection" ng mga guards nila. Siya tuloy pinagbuntunan ng galit ng captain nila at ng coach.

"I didn't know they'd do it to that extent. I'll talk to Atty. Perrez tomorrow." San assured. Hindi naman kasi talaga siya aware na kahit sa game ni Claude ay ganito sila. She has an inkling feeling that it was because the audience during the games are starting to get a little too crowded. Malapit na din kasi ang finals.

Napilitan tuloy umuwi si Claude pagkatapos ng game dahil dito. Nagpasundo pa ito dahil nakabuntot nanaman sa kaniya yung security details.

Pagdating nila ay dumiretso sila dito sa may garden. Sumunod maman si King at Kidlat habang natutulog naman si Kane.

Dahan dahang bumaling ang tingin ni Claude sa Ate nito, who looked pissed. The corners of Claude's mouth started tipping up, "You're angry." He stated.

Santana stopped her onslaught massage on her temples to glance at her beaming brother. She sighed, "I'm annoyed and I have a headache. Bakit ang laki ng ngiti mo?" She asked suspiciously.

"Huh." He said thoughtfully, "Aminado ka din." Claude nodded as if satisfied by her response. "That's a first."

Lalong kumunot ang noo ni San dahil sa sinabi ng kapatid. "Stop looking so smug about it." She groaned out.

"Kuya, huwag mo muna asarin si Ate. Ilang araw na masakit ulo nan tas parang badtrip." Sumbong ni Kidlat sa Kuya nito.

Santana glared at Kidlat who put his arms up in defense. Siniko din ito ni King, "What! It's true. Nagdadabog pa minsan." Gatong pa lalo nito.

Claude bursted out laughing. The last time he saw his Ate this worked up was when he applied for the dorms near DLSU. Nag away sila nuon dahil masyadong malayo sa bahay ng lola nila and San didn't want him to live alone. And out of her peripherals.

They all knew she was angry that time pero she would always deny it especially to their younger siblings.

One week silang hindi nag-imikan nuon. Of course, naiistress ito pero never itong nag project ng inis sa kanila. Sabi niya noon ay walang dahilan idamay pa sila Kidlat at ang kambal. Kaya nga feeling ni Claude ay santa ang Ate niya. It's literally spelled out on her name too.

And that's why he's enjoying this. Good luck nalang sa other end ng galit ng Ate niya. He thought. For her to slip out of her composure, it was almost a miracle. It was also refreshing to see her this expressive and in a way—intense.

"Break na kayo nung Araneta?" Nakangising tanong nito. Clearly enjoying Santana's show of emotions.

San breathe in an annoyed sigh and began to stand up, "Tutulog na ako. Si Kuya Robert na paghatidin mo sayo bukas."

Claude's eyebrow shot up so high that King began to giggle at his reaction. "Ayan, Kuya! Pinikon mo pa. Hindi ka tuloy ihahatid."

San was pissed.

For the first time since she started painting, she was now in a slump. She was staring blankly at her canvas na hindi niya maituloy. This started after the Sunken incident, and continued until today.