CHAPTER XXXIX

TWO weeks went by so quickly.

As usual, puyat nanaman si San dahil simula nanaman ang tambakan ng plates. Between her majors and some commissions, she was pretty preoccupied.

"So, babes, pupunta ka ba sa game ng kapatid mo? Opening sila ah." Erin asked. They're currently having their late lunch inside the campus.

Santana nodded, "Yeah. Extra behave din ngayon sila Kidlat and the twins dahil gusto nila sumama." She chuckled at the memory.

These past few days, yung mga bunso niyang kapatid ay sobrang bait. Unusually so. As in minsan overly sweet na. Like last night, she was staying up late dahil sa commission niya and each of them visited her room na may dala-dalang kape and warm milk from Kidlat. Ang dami niya tuloy cup sa desk niya. They were buttering her up so much dahil next week ay opening na ng UAAP.

Kidlat even go as far as waking up the earliest of them. Which never happened. Lagi itong pinaka-late sa kanila, and Santana never lets him hear the end of it dahil nadadamay sa pagiging late si King at Kane.

He was also the captain of their basketball team so Santana wanted to instill responsibility and for him to set an example towards his teammates. She knew the role of the captain and how much influence they hold on their team.

After all, she was the captain since she was in high-school until the very last year of her swimming career. Youngest one at that.

"Kinakabahan ka na 'no, Miss Court-side Reporter?" Gio teased Erin who rolled her eyes and playfully pushed his arm.

Santana was nervous one though. Hindi niya lang pinapahalata, lalo na kay Claude. Hindi siya mapalagay dahil ilang araw na lamang ay meron na siyang kapatid na lalaro sa UAAP.

She is so damned proud of Claude but she can't shake that uneasy feeling at the pit of her stomach. It was also the reason why she had been taking up more commissions than usual.

Feeling niya kasi...something would go wrong. Her last UAAP season was where everything fell apart. It was illogical to think that Claude would go through what she'd experienced but it didn't stop her from thinking about it.

"Punta ba kayo sa first game ng Maroons?" Erin asked both her and Gio before sipping on her iced coffee.

Gio snorted, "Tinatanong pa ba 'yan, E? Kulang nalang maging honorary member na tayo ng team nila dahil parati tayong magkakasama. Lalo na si Santana Marie. " He grinned down at her.

"Minsan lang naman kapag lunch." She defended, "And stop acting like hindi kayo kasabay kumain." It's true, though. San's little group of friends has been kind of adopted by the Maroons. She's used to them looming over their table with their bulky frame and their rowdiness, lalo na kapag nandun si Jules.

"Aminin! Super close niyo na! Lalo na kayo ni Captain." Erin teased her, "Sabi ni Eli nahuhuli niya daw Kuya niya na kausap ka palagi sa phone." San shrugged in return.

"Ay taray! Hindi dineny." Erin laughed gleefully, winking at San in the process. Nakatinginan pa si Erin at Gio.

"Hello, my very artistic and talented friends." Bati ni Eli sa table nila San. He sat down beside San then beamed, "I'm giving you guys tickets to our first game."

After Eli said that, the three of them shared a look and Gio bursted out laughing. "I can't believe how perfectly timed that was."

"Pinaguusapan niyo ako 'no? OMG backstabbers!" Eli dramatically held his heart. San smiled and  rolled her eyes playfully at his antics.

Humarap si Eli sa dalaga pagkatapos magnakaw ng french fries kay Erin, "Anyway, San, Kuya left his phone kaya pinapasabi niya na ako nalang daw i-message mo if nakauwi ka na mamaya. We'll be training until 9 so he won't be able to see your messages. Something about walang training yung mga kapatid mo so maaga ka makakauwi."