CHAPTER L

IT was simple.

Pull Ayrton to the side, talk to him, then apologize.

Easy.

And naturally she thought it would go as planned—it didn't.
Of course, it didn't. She thought, not even surprised anymore.

So now, Santana found herself seated beside Ayrton and eating dinner with the whole team.

Pagkapasok niya ay nahigit agad siya ng mga ka-team ni Ayrton papunta sa tabi ng binata but she didn't get the chance to talk to him dahil maya maya lamang ay nagsimula na silang kumain.

She was only planning to stay until she talk to him. Half an hour tops. And not to actually have dinner with the entire basketball team. But there she is.

The only women here are the player's girlfriends. Gustong gusto na niyang magtago sa likod ni Ayrton dahil ramdam niya ang mga tingin sa kanya. Especially the coach's.

If she angles her seat correctly, his view of her would totally be hidden by Ayrton's frame. And she did just that.

Ayrton was quiet the whole time they were eating. He would put food on San's plate and all, but not once did he even glance at her. Discomfort had her bouncing her legs unconsciously and it didn't go unnoticed on Ayrton despite his nonchalance.

"¿Tienes frio?" He asked lowly, leaning closer to her. And she was feeling cold.

Dahil na din ata sa kaba at sa katabi niya.

"Un poco. But I can manage." She smiled slightly. Ayrton stood up suddenly. The table shushed as he did so. Santana's flush crept and disappeared under her hairline as all eyes snapped to their location.

Ayrton—unconcerned about the sudden silence and the looks he was getting—began removing his long sleeve crew neck as it reveals a white shirt underneath.

Everyone, including Santana stared at him with interest. His shirt rode up to the middle of his torso along the process of him taking his long sleeves off. It showed the tattoo on his side and it was close enough for Santana to discern every detail of the ink along his ribs.

She quickly looked at his face, only to find him looking at her already. Busted.

Ngunit hindi nito pinahalata na nahuli niyang nakatitig si San sa kanya, bagkos, inilapat nito sa hita ni San ang long sleeves bago umupo ulit ng maayos.

He dragged his chair closer to her as well. "Please wear it, baka magkasipon ka." Then he continued eating like nothing happened.

She wasn't hungry to begin with and swallowing food at that point almost had her stomach churning. Quietly, she put on his crew necks. It smells like him and it's so warm. She had the urge to sniff it at how comforting and familiar it was.

If she's being honest, mas mabango pa ito kesa sa mga pagkain nila sa harap. She blushed furiously at the thought.

Hanggang matapos ang dinner ng team ay nakalipas na ang tyempo ni San upang makausap si Ayrton. He looked like he wanted to leave as well kaya't nahirapan na siyang kausapin pa ito.

He wasn't in the mood to talk and she felt it too. Dahil kahit coach nito ay tinatanguan lamang nito kapag kinakausap ito. She was afraid she had dampened his night. Hindi rin ito ganoong nakikisaya kahit na panalo sila.

They were silently walking out to the parking. Wala pa din itong imik. He then turned to face her, "Did you bring your car?"

San shook her head, "I'll ride with the security." She offered a small smile after pointing at the vicinity of where the Escalades are parked.