His Next Step

The next day, Seth went to rehearse with every other cast member at the studio where Saturday Night Live was filmed.

After a round of rehearsals was run through without any mistakes, John asked everyone to take their lunch breaks. Meanwhile, Seth approached John and said, "Yo, man. I've got a friend who wants to audition for the show. I think he'll do a great job."

John's curiosity fired up.

So, he told Seth, "Oh, what's this name of your friend that you're talking about, then? Maybe I could try hitting him up later or tomorrow." Seth smiled and replied, "I'll send you some details about him later tonight, then." John nodded and said, "I'll be waiting."

Seth proceeded to eat some lunch afterwards.

Every cast member continued rehearsing the sketches they were going to do on the upcoming episode after lunch. As their day ended, Seth immediately drove back to his house. When he arrived, Stefon smiled at him and said, "I cooked dinner, Seth Meyers."

Seth smiled back.

He then said, "You shouldn't have, Stefon." Stefon replied, "Well, Seth Meyers has been a really good host to Stefon, so he thought that he'd do something really special for him." Seth told him, "I appreciate the gesture, Stefon. Thank you very much."

After their short conversation, Stefon walked with Seth to the dining room.

As Seth saw what Stefon cooked, he asked in surprise, "How do you know how to cook such tricky dishes? Did you spend hours trying to cook these?" Stefon chuckled softly and replied, "I actually just strictly followed their recipe's instructions, Seth Meyers."

Seth nodded slowly.

Seth and Stefon proceeded to eat dinner afterwards. In the middle of the meal, Seth blurted out, "So, Stefon... You know that I'm on Saturday Night Live, right?" Stefon swallowed what he was chewing and replied, "Oh, I love that show! Stefon has always wondered what it would be like to appear on the show." Seth said, "You're in for a treat, then."

Stefon felt confused.

So, he asked, "What are you on about, Seth Meyers?" Seth replied, "Well, I just talked to the show's director, and he says that he'd love to see what you've got." Stefon felt excited and blurted out, "Oh, that's cool, Seth Meyers. What does the director need from me?"

Seth proceeded to explain that John Mulaney was asking for his name and phone number.

On the day that John scheduled Stefon's audition, Stefon walked in the audition room, gave John a casting shot, and slowly waved to him, saying, "Hi." John smiled and replied, "Welcome, Mr., uh... Stefon Zolesky. Please tell me a little bit about yourself."

Stefon proceeded to introduce himself, then told John about how big of a fan he is of Saturday Night Live.

As Stefon finished talking, John nodded slowly and replied, "So, now, Stefon... Could you tell us any experience that you have in the world of entertainment, if any?" Stefon replied, "Oh, um... Well, Stefon has been performing as an artist throughout the East Coast."

While Stefon was talking, he made sure to avoid referencing his past job as a stripper at some club in New York.

Afterwards, John called Jimmy Fallon inside the room and asked he and Stefon to advertise a fake couple shirt that was intended for pansexual people to wear so that they would have an answer to people asking about whether or not they're attracted to pans.

While acting, John nodded slowly and smiled while watching Stefon act out the scene with Jimmy.

As they finished, John clapped for both of them and said, "Fantastic job, Stefon. Now I know why Seth Meyers told me a couple of days ago that you'd do a great job if you were to be part of this show." Seth smiled softly and replied, "Thank you, Mr. Mulaney, sir."

Jimmy was asked to leave the room after John complimented Stefon on his audition performance.

John then said, "Stefon, as you told me a bit about you and your prior experience here in the entertainment industry, your personality really came through with this scene with Jimmy Fallon that I asked you to do." Stefon smiled and replied, "I had fun coming here for this audition, too, Mr. Mulaney." John chuckled and said, "Call me John, Stefon."

Stefon nodded.

A few seconds later, John stood up from where he was sitting, approached Stefon, brought his right hand out, and told him, "Welcome to Saturday Night Live, Stefon. Hopefully you'll have fun bonding with me and your fellow cast members on this show." Stefon shed a tear, shook John's hand, and replied, "Thank you very much, um... John."

Stefon left the audition room after that, and immediately told Seth Meyers about landing a job on the show as soon as he got back to the apartment where he stays at.

To be continued in Part 8...