giornata molto romantica

A few minutes pass, and the waiter returned to Seth and Stefon's table.

Then, the waiter asked, "Are you ready to order, lovely gentlemen?" Seth nodded and said, "We'll have one order of the Sweet Fennel Sausage & Broccoli Rabe round pie, please." The waiter smiled and replied, "Certainly, Signore. Would you and your fine companion care for some focaccia bread to start your meal today?"

Seth and Stefon nodded.

After that, the waiter told them, "Our pizza may take a bit of time, so please enjoy a basket of our house-made focaccia while you wait. I will return shortly afterwards." Stefon smiled and replied, "Grazie mille, Signore." A few moments later, the waiter left their table.

Once the basket of focaccia arrived at their table, the waiter gave Seth and Stefon a bottle of olive oil before leaving again.

Seth proceeded to grab a slice. Afterwards, he thought to himself, "I wonder how this tastes like without the oil... Maybe I'll try eating this bread like that first." As Seth took a bite of the slice of bread, he thought, "Oh, my fucking God. This bread's damn delicious!"

Seth finished eating the slice he grabbed afterwards.

Meanwhile, Stefon poured some olive oil on the slice of focaccia that he was eating. He thought to himself, "How come Stefon never ate here before? The ambiance here is great, the wine's great... Even the appetizer's great. He can't wait to try the pizza now."

Seth and Stefon finished eating the slices of focaccia from the basket after 10 minutes.

The pizza arrived on their table shortly after they talked for another 10 minutes. The waiter said, "Here you are, bravi Signori. An 18-inch Sweet Fennel Sausage & Broccoli Rabe round pie. Buon appetito." Stefon smiled at the waiter and replied, "Grazie mille, Signore."

The waiter smiled back before leaving their table.

Seth then said, "I didn't know you knew how to speak Italian." Stefon chuckled softly and said, "Well, Stefon was an attentive listener back in school when he was taught Italian." Seth asked, "Did you finish school, Stefon?" Stefon sighed and shook his head. Seth suddenly told him, "Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't open a can of worms there, Stefon."

Stefon looked at Seth and faked a smile.

He told him, "Don't worry about it, Seth Meyers. I wasn't able to finish because I couldn't pay for my student loans. That's why I entered the stripping industry. And as we speak, even when I'm already part of Saturday Night Live's cast, I'm still paying my student loans."

Seth sucked air through his teeth.

Then, he said, "If there's anyway I could help out, Stefon, please don't hesitate to ask me." Stefon gave a weak smile and replied, "Oh, uh... t-thank you for your offer, Seth Meyers, but, um... I know I'm already causing too much stress for you, and I could---"

Seth suddenly cut Stefon off.

He blurted out, "Don't mention it, Stefon. You're special to me." Stefon asked, "How so, Seth Meyers?" Seth said, "Well, I instantly fell in love with your personality the first time we met. And you're literally such a joy to work with since I helped you get cast on SNL."

Stefon smiled at him.

A few seconds later, Stefon cleared his throat and said, "Let's finish this big-ass pizza, Seth Meyers." Seth chuckled and replied, "Oh. Right there with you, Stefon." Seth and Stefon grabbed a slice of pizza and continued eating what they ordered shortly afterwards.

When they finished, Seth paid for the bottle of wine and the pizza that they ordered.

After tipping the waiter, Seth and Stefon left F&F. While walking to Seth's car, Stefon said, "The pizza we ordered here in F&F wass really good, Seth Meyers. We should come back here sometime." Seth smiled at him and replied, "Sure, Stefon. We'll come back."

Seth and Stefon went inside the former's car afterwards.

As Seth started driving back to his house, he turned on the radio. At the station that the car was currently on, Angel Baby by Troye Sivan started playing. While the song played, Stefon started tearing up. Seth noticed this, so he asked, "Is everything OK, Stefon?"

Stefon wiped his tears and nodded.

Then, he said, "It's just... Stefon has never heard a song with its lyrics resonating to him since the 2000s." Seth smiled softly and replied, "You're so beautiful even when you cry, Stefon." Stefon smiled and said, "You're a good-looking guy yourself, Seth Meyers."

Seth continued driving back to his house afterwards, while the car's radio continued playing songs.

To be continued in Part 16...