Chapter Six:

Madison parked her car into her driveway and directed Nolan into the basement where all the weapons were kept. Nolan took his red varsity jacket off and placed it onto one of the chairs, he looked through the different weapons that hung on the shelves.

"Come here" Madison said, holding her hand out to Nolan which he took. She pulled him closer to her and gently wiped the blood from his head away with a cloth. Nolan winced at the pain from his head "does your head hurt?" Madison questioned him.

Nolan nodded in return, she placed her hands on the side of his face and mumbled "Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala" Nolan felt the pain drain out of his head. He moved his eyes in Madison's direction, connecting their eyes together "does it hurt anymore?" she asked him, and he shook his head.

Madison lips formed into a smile as Nolan rubbed circles on her hand with his thumb, he placed a piece of her brown hair behind her ear and interlocked their hands together. She felt butterflies form within her stomach. She wanted these feelings to last forever, but she felt scared.

She felt scared because she didn't want to get hurt. The only relationship she'd ever had was with a boy named Carter who turned his back on her and worked for Gerard, other than that she had a one-night stand with a hunter.

This feeling she felt with Nolan was different. She felt she could trust him, she knew he'd never turn his back on her but that didn't stop her from feeling worried, from feeling scared. So long as Gerard's still alive Madison would always feel scared and not just for herself, for the people she loved most.

Madison set up the target on the wall next to the weapons and handed Nolan a gun. He gave her an awkward look and stared at the floor "Don't worry I'll teach you how to use it" she told him, placing her hands around him and pulling his body to hers.

She directed the gun at the target and watched how Nolan moved his hand in hers. He pulled the trigger where the bullet shot the middle of the target. He couldn't help but smile at his success. Nolan turned his head to the side, inches away from Madison's lips. He took a deep breath and stared into Madison's eyes.

The touch from her hands to his made him feel a spark, a spark he never wanted to lose. The same spark Madison felt at this precise moment. Madison wanted nothing more but to kiss him, but she refused to let herself fall for the person she'd supposed to protect.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Madison heard her father shout. She placed her ear against the basement door and listened to find the person her father was talking too "Someone attacked two of my men. Blew their SUV up" Gerard half-yelled. Madison began to panic 'no not here, not now' Madison though to herself.

She grabbed a hold of Nolan's hand and dragged him into the weapons closet. There was barely enough space in there for both of them. She squeezed the door shut the best she could, her body pushing up against Nolan's. She was that close Nolan could hear her breathing, his heartbeat faster in his chest as he felt Madison's body on his.

"How the hell am I supposed to know who attacked your men?" Chris asked his father, slight of attitude in his tone "because they swore they saw Corey Bryant" Gerard replied, turning his attention to the weapons closet that slightly creaked opened "Invisique" Madison whispered. Gerard opened the door to the weapons closet but only saw the closet filled with weapons. He raised his right eyebrow and turned to face his son.

Shortly after Gerard nearly caught them she heard the front door slam shut "I know you're here" her father called out. She sighed in relief, walking out of the closet with Nolan and muttering the words "Invisique – Undo" both Madison and Nolan came back into sight. Chris looked at his daughter and said "Do you know how dangerously stupid that was"

"I know okay......but I'd do anything to keep him safe" Madison blurted out, her eyes falling on Nolan's. In that very moment Chris noticed the way Madison looked at Nolan, the same way Allison looked at Scott "D-Dad? Do you know if something has happened to Corey?" Madison asked her father, her eyes filling up from the thought of something happening to her best friend. He shook his head and said, "What makes you ask that?"

"I did something to protect Nolan outside the school and the hunters recognized Corey. They knew his full name" Madison informed Chris who just stared at her blankly "I'll try my best to find out if anything's happened to him but in the meantime, you keep phoning until you get an answer" Chris promised his daughter.

Madison drove to the edge of the forest next to a water fountain. Nolan jumped out from the passenger side and met Madison next to the driver's door "What are we doing here?" he asked her, feeling as she slipped her hand into his. She said "I thought maybe we could lose the negative feelings by throwing a coin in a wishing fountain"

Nolan took a seat on the edge of the wishing fountain "My father use to bring Allison and I here when we were little. Being here makes me feel connected to Allison so...." Madison paused, throwing a coin into the fountain, and whispering "I wish she was still Alive" Madison handed Nolan a coin from her pocket and moved to the side.

He threw the coin into the fountain and whispered "I wish for the war to end" "Whatever happens I want you to know that I'm not going anywhere. I'm your protector" Madison told the fragile boy standing in front of her.

He smiled at her words. He wanted her to be more than just his protector, but he figured that would never happen. The feelings he had developed for Madison grew every second he spent with her. Little did he know those feelings were happening to Madison too.

Madison listened as her phone chimed, seeing a notification from Lydia that read 'Come to mine for some girl time. 29 Oakland Road x – Lydia' Madison smiled at her phone. She started to feel a bond with Lydia.