Chapter Five:

Madison walked out the main doors of Beacon Hills High and began walking towards her car until from the corner of her eyes she spotted two men with large guns waiting by the door entrance. She immediately assumed they were apart of Gerard's army.

She turned on her heals and rushed back into the school. The only person she could think about right now was Nolan and keeping him safe. Gerard made Nolan the priority to be tracked down and there was no hoping hell Madison would let them take Nolan.

She ran through the halls in search for Nolan or even the McCall pack. She knew she'd have to warn them too. Frustration grew over her from the fact she couldn't find anybody, it was as if the school had turned into a ghost town.

Madison closed her eyes and muttered a Latin word to herself where she suddenly heard muffled sounds, she concentrated on the person she wanted to find and that's when she heard his voice "Do you need a ride home?" Scott asked Nolan "I'm going to ride with Madison" Nolan told his alpha.

Madison sighed in relief, running around the corner to come face to face with the pack. She ran into Nolan wrapping her arms around him, she couldn't control herself. He gave her a small squeeze and she released her grip from him.

"You need to use the back doors. Gerard's men are outside with large guns" she informs the pack who nodded in return "What about me?" Nolan stuttered. Madison laced her hand with Nolan's and said, "Do you trust me?" he replied with a nod.

Nolan watched as Madison closed her eyes, their hands still linked with each other's. She thought about her best friend Corey and whispered "Kache I'nan san Jen chech je yo" When she turned her gaze to Nolan he no longer looked like himself but instead like Corey.

She smiled at the fact she managed to complete the spell. She always had trouble chanting certain spells. Nolan looked at Madison with a confused expression, he recognized the words she had used. He recognized the Latin language, but he couldn't understand what she had said. He didn't understand what she did to protect him.

As Madison walked Nolan through the car park and towards her car, she felt the hunters eyes on her. Did they recognize her? She took a deep breath and continued to walk through the car park until one of the hunters stood in her way "Corey Bryant" he blurted out turning his attention to Nolan.

Madison rolled her eyes at the hunter; she placed her car keys into Nolan's other hand behind his back and whispered "Run" Madison pushed past the two hunters that blocked their way and ran closely behind Nolan who had already made it to the car.

Once in the car Madison started the engine and sped off onto the main road hoping to escape the two hunters. "Kache I'nan san. Jen chech je yo – Undo" Madison muttered to herself, she turned to look at Nolan who had turned back to his original form.

Nolan looked out the side mirror of the car to notice a black SUV following them closely behind "Maddie, I think we're being followed" Nolan informs the dark-haired girl just as the SUV crashed into the back of Madison's car.

The car flew across the road and smashed into the Lamppost on the side of the pavement causing Nolan to whack his head on the front of the car. He winced at the pain from his head, placing his hand on his head then putting his hand in front of him. He noticed the blood covering his hand.

Madison turned to look at Nolan with worry in her eyes, the second she spotted the blood flowing down Nolan's face she felt herself lose control "Phasmatos morsinus pyrox allum" she said loud enough for Nolan to catch onto.

The SUV behind them flew up into the air and crashed onto the roof. Madison concentrated on the SUV and said the word "Incendia" The car magically caught on fire, the flames crackled louder and louder until eventually the car exploded into pieces. Whether or not the hunters survived, Madison didn't care.

"W-What was that?" Nolan stuttered, struggling to get his words out he added "You were speaking Latin" Madison shocked at Nolan's words turned to face him 'He's knows Latin?' she thought to herself. Nobody she had ever met, ever knew the words she muttered were Latin.

People always questioned her abilities, Corey and Mason included. She always had to explain why she spoke Latin words "That doesn't matter. What matters is that your safe" Madison told him. Now wasn't the right time to tell him about her powers.

"I'll never let anybody hurt you" she added, her gaze turning to Nolan whose cheeks had turned a rosy colour. She felt the feelings inside her grow. She had come to the conclusion that Lydia was right about how she began to feel about Nolan.

The rest of the car journey Nolan couldn't get the Latin language out of his head. He wondered if Madison was a part of the supernatural world. That maybe she was more than just a hunter, maybe she was something more. He couldn't help but think about her, about the crush he'd started to have on her. No, it was more than a crush, he'd started to have feelings for her. The second he laid eyes on her he knew.

Madison had come to the conclusion that the hunters were still alive considering she felt like her normal self. You see every time Madison kills someone the darkness takes over, the darkness she tries her hardest to keep contained but sometimes it overwhelms her.