𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 15

"No, it's George Washington

"No, it's George Washington." I roll my eyes. 

He glares at me. I sigh as the strong wind blows. 

"What are you doing there?" I ask him and he takes a mouthful of whatever is in that bottle. 

"I'm gonna jump, then I'll fall straight to hell,  and enjoy about twenty-five years  of peace before it's ruined by my father." 

"Give me the bottle," I tell him slowly walking up. 

"Why, want a drink? he asks me. 

"Yep, pass the bottle," I tell him. 

"Drinking is bad for your health Sophia."

"Yet you're drinking whatever that is as if it's water." He turns around looking at me, his eyes holding exhaustion. 

"Well, unlike me, your existence on this planet matters." he passes his hand through his hair. 

He looks directly at me, he's hurt. 

"What happened?" I ask, knowing something has hurt him. 

"Don't you have a wedding to plan?" he raises his eyebrows. 

"Yes, your wedding." 

"More like my father's wedding. " he scoffs.  His father. 

"What happened with him?" 

"I try so hard, I'm never enough. Never," he says, and my heart breaks. 

"He doesn't see how worthy you are and that's okay, his lost Axton." 

"Get down you're gonna fall!" I yell at him as he looses his balance. 

"No, I'll gracefully flow down the air." he smirks. 

"Axton you're gonna fall!" 

"Don't worry babe, I'll wait for you in hell." Did he just call me babe? 

"Kidding, you're such a fucking nice person, you're gonna rule heaven."  I sigh. 

"You're a good person too Axton, but please get down." I walk up, slowly. 

"No. As petty as it is, I want him to be proud, I want him to see how many deals I close on a daily, how I saved our company, but he doesn't." he takes another mouthful of liquor. 

Okay, step one, get the bottle. 

"You're a good son and businessman, he doesn't see that, that's his loss. Now hand me the bottle."  He looks at the bottle, takes a step closer to the edge, and my heart drops. What if he jumps? I'll jump after him, swear. 

"You've had a lot to drink, that's enough," I tell him, he throws the bottle and it shatters in front of me. 

"I'm a bad fucking person!" he growls.