𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 19

"Shut up, you're the one that almost lost someone their job!" I tell Axton as we walk out the mall

"Shut up, you're the one that almost lost someone their job!" I tell Axton as we walk out the mall. It was now evening, pink hues splattered over the sky. The sun had just set and the evening breeze hit my skin calming me down. 

"He was giving you fuck me eyes!" Axton yells back. 

"Doesn't mean he should lose his job." 

"Yeah, you're right, he should lose his eyes," he says and I widen my eyes. 

"You're crazy," I mumble to him. 

"Only for you darling," he smirks, opening the door for me. Those words give me a sense of deja vu. 

"What do pink skies remind you of?" he asks me and I instantly answer. 

"Evenings at the summer house," I tell him and he smiles. 

"Some of the best memories huh?" he smirks, probably remembering the pranks he pulled on me. 

"Most of them. My family was really, a family you know?" 

"Yeah." he says and I feel like ranting about it, but I don't want to bother him. 

"Go on," he says and I look at him confused. 

"What?" 

"Go on, Soph, you can't act like it  doesn't hurt." I sigh. 

"Yeah, so many family members are calling me and giving me their sympathy but, it doesn't hurt. Is that bad?" I ask, honestly awaiting his answer. 

"No, not at all. It shows how strong you are." he tells me, leaning over. Is it me or is this car too hot? 

He pulls the seatbelt across my body. 

"You, are so careless with your life," he mumbles as he buckles it.  My mind drifts off to how careless he was with his life, once again I remember how many things this boy has been through. He's so strong. 

Flashback. 

"Ms. Sophia. Thank God you're here." Camilla, says as I walk into McKay's mansion. The house was dark, with little to no light at all. 

"Where's Axton?" I ask her and she nervously speaks. 

"Sir is in his office." I nod walking up the staircase, this house is so, lonely with Denzel and Eleanor gone, Paris is more important than their son. 

I reach his office and I see him typing away on his computer, he looks exhausted, frustrated and sad. 

I walk back down the stairs, into the kitchen where Camilla is. 

"Has he eaten?" I ask her and she shakes her head handing me a plate of food. 

"Thank you," I mumble, walking to his office again. I knock on his door.