𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 26

"He was flirting on the job!" Axton yells back at me

"You didn't have to fire him!" I yell. 

"Only because he was flirting!" 

Axton fired a guy for flirting on the job. We were on our way to my apartment, after going to Crowne Plaza and ensuring everything was ready for tonight. 

Axton's phone rings and he ignores it. 

"Are you deaf?"  I ask him and he rolls his eyes, his blue-greenish eyes. How can you be obsessed with someone's eyes Sophia? 

"No, it's my dad. I don't feel like speaking to the world's shittiest dad at the moment." If there was a trophy, Denzell would probably be the face of it. 

"And if it's important?" I ask him and he looks at me with a blank expression. 

"Fine." he picks the phone up and answers it, coldly. 

"Can I help you?" 

I look out the window, watching the evening sky. 

"Fuck no." Axton says and turn my attention to him.

He looks angry. 

"Not happening." He says and it's killing me to not ask what he's talking about. 

He hangs up the phone and I pretend I don't want to know. 

"My dad wants Piper to come as my date to your party." Well, she is your future wife. 

"That's a good idea." I mumble as my building comes into view. 

"But-" 

"You know, for someone who has been waiting years to propose," I use his own words, "You sure don't act like that." I try not to smile, I see him tense. 

"Well, uh, look, paparazzi!" he says and I look out the window, sure enough there's a mob of paparazzi outside my building. 

"Shit." I mumble, grabbing my purse, ready to face the mob. 

"Come on, let's go." Axton says unbuckling his seatbelt. 

"No, I  can manage." 

"Soph, I'm not letting you walk to your building alone, with a mob of fucking paparazzi, rushing after you." 

"No, it's really fine." 

"No, I'm going with-" his phone starts ringing. 

"Take it,I can magane, see you tonight." I tell him, closing the door and walking into the building. 

"Sophia, who was Axton on the phone with, in that picture?" 

"Sophia, what do you have to say about your mom slapping your father in front of city hall?" I don't know buddy, that's news to me.  I really have to give mom a call.