𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 71

"Look at these!" I yell, my eyes glued to my laptop

"God, Soph it isn't even born yet, stop shoe shopping for the baby!" Axton says, closing his book and turning to my side of the bed. 

"Come on!  You never know when the baby's gonna develop an on and off shoe obsession and stop calling the baby it!" I smack his hand. 

"Uh, that's you, not the baby," he says, and thinking about it now, I do have an on and off shoe problem. 

"Yeah, you're right." I mumble closing the laptop and crawling up into Axton's arms. 

The rain splashed onto the roof and the streets of New York City, the dark cloud patrolled the sky and the chill wind blew strongly, causing every tree to sway with its strength. 

"Can we bake cookies?"  he asks me and I chuckle. 

"Sure, but don't do anything without my permission." I tell him and he nods, okay we all know he's gonna do some shit. He gets off the bed but I just lay there. I rather watch the view of New York from our bed than go bake. 

"Get up!" he throws a pillow at me. 

"What the hell Axton?" I throw the pillow back at him, but it misses, just my luck. 

"Wow Soph, quite an aim you got there." he  chuckles and I roll my eyes. 

"I don't wanna get up." I mumble and he walks up, takes me into his arms  and walk towards the door. 

"I can walk you know." 

"Want me to make sure you can't?" he asks and I internally scream yes. 

"Shut up." I mumble as he walks into the kitchen and places me on the kitchen island. He stands between my legs and rests his arms on the island, trapping me. 

"My t-shirt looks so good on you," he mumbles looking down at me. I practically live in his t-shirts, they're fucking comfortable. 

"Your smile looks good on you." I mutter and he grins. 

"Yeah?" he asks and I nod. 

"Well, once you're always with me, I'll always have a reason to smile." he says and this time I'm the one smiling. 

"Cheesy, but cute." I chuckle, but he doesn't, he's staring into my eyes. 

"Do you have any idea how much I love you?" he asks and my heart swells. 

"You're the only reason I'm alive, you've saved me from the darkness of my own thoughts, there's no me without you baby." he says and tears form in my eyes. 

"Sorry, its the hormones." I slightly chuckle as he kisses my forehead. 

"I love you," I tell him, meaning every word. 

"I don't deserve you." he strokes my cheek with the back of his hand and I look away because if I look at him, I'll cry. 

"Yes, you do." I mutter.