𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 28

"Are you mad!?" I yell at him

"Come on Soph, you know the answer to that." he smiles and I almost forget that I have to be mad at him. 

"Not like you fell though." I glare at him and he starts laughing again. 

"And if I did?" 

"I wouldn't let you fall Soph." 

"But if you did?" 

"Then I'd wave you goodbye on your way down." he grins and I smack his shoulder. 

I turn, looking at the view that was in front of us. Something about looking at the city at night makes me feel safe. The tall buildings, lit with lights, the chill air glazing my skin. It was, relaxing. I've always been drawn to the city lights. 

"Isn't the view beatiful?" I ask Axton, still focused on the streets below us. 

"I've never seen anything more beatiful." he mutters and I turn to see him watching me. 

"You're not even looking." I chuckle. 

"Oh, I'm looking."  he says, looking at me. With a small smile on his lips. He's so cute. 

"I'm talking about the city, idiot. Look at how breathtaking the view is." I mumble, lost in the lights. 

He chuckles. 

"What's so funny?" I  ask him. 

"Well, I own all of those buildings, other than that one." he points to my building. 

"That one is owned by a very intelligent and hardworking woman." I couldn't help but smile. 

"I'm proud of you Soph, you did this entire designer thing, on your own. No family to support you.  Started from nothing, look at where you are now." he tells me and I smile. 

"Thank you, I couldn't have done it without your help." 

"Bullshit. Yes you could have." He says sternly and I just smile. 

My mind drifts off to how far I've come, from working hours behind my computer screen, to walking red carpets. It wasn't easy, but as I got older, I realized, everything I was doing was for me. 

"Isn't crazy how it feels like yesterday we were starting college?" I ask Axton and he nods, focused on the view, the city this time. 

"Jace has a girlfriend who he's making all these changes for, Amyra is going to do  her second dream job in the summer, you're freaking getting married. We've been focusing on who and not the fact that you're actually getting married!" I tell him and he chuckles at how realization hits me. 

"And I'm just stuck." I mutter and his gaze shifts to me. 

"No you're not." He tells me, only because he has to.