𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 43

"Sophia, you're coming tonight right?" Shyla's voice flows through my apartment from my phone

"Yeah, I'll be there," I mumble wiping down my marble countertop. Cleaning is therapeutic okay!

"Okay great, what are you wearing?" she asks me and I think the same thing.

"I wish I knew." I tell her, focused of wiping every spot clean. 

"You always forget parties and events." Well I'm a twenty-three year old designer, sorry I forget things that don't really benefit me. 

"Sorry." I mumble.

"Soph you're not paying attention to me."  Why won't this coffee stain go away? 

"Yeah that's good Shyla." I mumble not knowing what she was talking about.

"What?" she says as my phone vibrates, I see Axton's name flash across the screen and I drop the sponge immediately. 

"I'll call you back!" I tell her hanging up her call and answering Axton's call. 

"Hey." 

"Hi." I speak into the phone.

"Can you get down here, now?" he says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Where and why?" I ask him confused as hell. 

"Lobby and hurry." he hangs up. 

Asshole. 

"Oh okay then." I roll my eyes,  walking out the door. Don't worry I have a sweatpants and  crop top on, I didn't walk out looking like Piper. 

Kidding.

Okay not really. 

"Hey Sophia." I see Kiara walking out her apartment. 

"Hi." I smile at her, remembering the dinner with her and her necklace I try walking away. 

Her necklace looked really familiar okay? A bit too familiar. 

I walk into the elevator quickly hitting the first floor. It's not that I don't like her, she just gives me a vibe. I'm probably overthinking. 

I'm taken down the floors and I step out the elevator to see Axton at the front desk, surprisingly he's wearing  jeans and a grey t-shirt.  No suit today. 

"Hi," I mumble as I watch his hand move swiftly, signing the papers. He must be really skilled with his fingers. 

Focus. 

"Hey, you look hot." he says, not even looking at me.

"Uh, thank you?" I reply and he finally meets my gaze. 

"Mhm. Now go pack your bags." There goes my eyebrow-raising  again. 

"What?" I ask him. 

"We're going somewhere, pack your bags, oh and I now own this." he says motioning to the space around us.