Bye Bye Sean

The next day Hanna woke up to her phone ringing. Expecting it to be Sean she sat up and looked only to see it was aria.

"Hello?" Hanna sighed tiredly.

"Hey did you leave early last night? We saw Sean but didn't see you?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, I did... I hung out with Mona cause Sean was too busy playing his game. I left eventually." Hanna lied. She wasn't completely lying, right? Sean was playing his game.

"Okay well I was thinking we all could-" aria was interrupted by Ezra.

"Hey, have you seen my laptop?"

"It's not in the car?" Aria asked.

Hanna heard a knock on her door. She turned to see her mom.

"I gotta go Aria," Hanna called and hung up without waiting for an answer. She looked at her mom and smiled. "Hey."

Ashley smiled "I made you some coffee and I have some news."

Hanna just nodded and followed her mom to the kitchen.

There was a steaming cup of coffee. Hanna sat at the island " so what's the news? Did you get promoted?"

Ashley just smiled " I wish. It's about Tom."

Hanna's face went a frown. " What does he want? Did he ditch his new family?" She asked bitterly.

"Actually they're having a fancy anniversary dinner, and you and a Date is supposed to go." Ashley sipped her coffee.

"What? Why? I don't want to go!" She frowned at her mom.

"Sorry Han, you're going. You haven't seen your dad in about 2 years?" she guessed grabbing her phone.

"And that's his fault. He doesn't answer calls or anything from me unless it's to yell at me or lecture me." Hanna scoffed folding her arms.

The only time he ever really came around is to yell at her about grades and once shoplifting. Otherwise, he never called or show up to anything.

"Well, maybe this can open doors for you," Ashley said trying to be optimistic for Hanna's sake.

"Wait you aren't going? Didn't he invite you?" Hanna asked.

"He did but I told him I have to work. Only you will be going. But don't worry you'll have Sean." She answered putting the mug that she was drinking her coffee out of in the sink.

Hanna just sighed. She didn't want to go and now she has to find a date. She didn't know where she and Sean stood at the moment. She needed to use today to think about what she wanted.

Sean was making her revert to her bad habits. He thought something was wrong with her. What other reason was there?

" Okay I have to go or I'm going to be late for work." Ashley grabbed her purse next to her on the island and walked to her daughter, she kissed her cheek before heading out the door with a 'love you!' 

Hanna sighed and went back upstairs to her room.
———

The next day at school Hanna went straight to her friends.

She sat with them deep in her thoughts. " hey Hanna." The girls greeted.

"Hi." Hanna sighed.