Chapter 41

3rd Person's POV

Slight rain was pouring outside seemingly matches with the girl's feeling as she gazed outside the window, zoning out. It was finally the funeral day of the deceased, Baji Keisuke.

Members of Toman was also preparing for this day, wearing dark colored clothes as they got out of their houses, not for Takemichi though. He was captivated by the news on their television.

"5 deaths and 8 injured person are committed again by this known yakuza. They are seen roaming in Tokyo for 3 days, bearing katanas and guns. One of the CCTVs around this street captured one of their horrific deeds.." the newscaster said as a video clip started to play. A man, a buff one approached a person who was backing away from him suddenly pointed his gun at the other person's head as it fired, making the blood splurt everywhere.

Takemichi gulped as he focused on what he was watching, forgetting the funeral he was about to attend.

Hideo was the one outside, greeting everyone who was sending their regards, giving bows here and there as he sweat.

"Thank you for coming..." he bowed as he was met by a group of teenager who was now also bowing at him.

"I'm sorry for your loss", they said in unison with a low voice and hint of sadness.

"It was also your loss, I'm sorry. Aren't you Keisuke and Y/N's friends?" Hideo asked as he laid his eyes on a certain male who was not paying attention.

"Manjirou-kun, it's been a while" the elder greeted as Mikey turned his gaze at Hideo, bowing at him.

"It's nice to see you again, Hideo-san" he greeted back.

"Ah, Hideo-san where's Y/N-san?" a member from Toman asked, gliding his eyes from left to right, hoping to see the said girl.

"Let's just give her more time, she will come out soon" he answered as he guided them inside.

White colored flowers were displayed inside, white chrysanthemums to be exact. It was beside the casket where Keisuke was in. There weren't many people inside, just Hideo's colleagues and nurses from the hospital he was working on, sending their regards to the man and his family.

The slight rain outside brought peace inside Y/N. She didn't want to go out, nor see everyone. It will just make it harder for her to let go of him.

As water dropped on the leaves of the tree she was watching, tears from her eyes didn't stop to fall.

"I promise, I'll stay on your side on every situation. I don't care if it's against anyone, anything or even the world. You have me on your side forever Y/N" she reminisce as the boy plastered a smile at her.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Liar" the girl mumbled, stopping herself from letting out any sobs she was having.

A light knock made her wipe her tears as she waited for the door to open. She didn't bother to know who it was, for she knew already.

"Y/N, there's someone who wants to see you" Hideo said with a light voice.

Y/N stood up and straightened her black kimono as she walked outside. She was greeted by Toman seating in front of the casket and a lady standing right in front of her.

She suddenly hugged Y/N without any hesitation, sobbing on her shoulders as the girl just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I'm sorry" she repeatedly apologized.

"Huh? What?" Y/N asked, obviously clueless on what the lady was mumbling about. The woman let go of her as Y/N had a clear view of her face, she seemed familiar but she can't recognize her. The lady resembles someone in her head, but she can't come up with it.

She suddenly kneeled in front of Y/N, bowing her head as low as possible, pleading for forgiveness again and again.

"I'm sorry, please forgive my son" it just clouded the girl's mind.

"Son?"

"Please forgive my son, Kazutora" she snapped. A ring suddenly made her turn to her senses as a pang on her chest throbbed.

That feeling she didn't felt for years, was back again. Envious. She didn't had the guts to shout nor curse at the lady for asking for forgiveness for his son. She stared down at her, eyes watering at the situation while Hideo watched, pitying the girl.

"You saved us yet this will be the favor he'll return, I'm so sorry" she muttered.

"Saved?" curiosity was killing her inside. She has no idea what was Kazutora's mother is saying.

Hideo came in their conversation, helping the woman stand up and stopping herself to say anything again.

"Y/N's mind was clouded by now, I'm sorry" he apologize, half whispering as he guided the woman on one of the chairs.

'Saved?' the girl thought, not even moving from her position.

"You need to rest Y/N, you didn't have enough sleep last night. I'll handle things out here okay? Just go upstairs hm?" Hideo said making Y/N have that puzzled look on her face.

"Uncle?" she called as Hideo was about to turn his back.

"Hmm? Do you need anything?"

"What does she mean by I saved them?"