𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

i'm literally so in love with this story ah i love writing it. anyways here is part 2.

*****

𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 4am when Ricky decides he has had enough. He knew it was gonna be hard to sleep in the same room as Big Red but he hasn't closed an eye since they went to bed.

So he takes his blanket and pillow and walks to Ej's room. He knows people are going to ask tomorrow but the only thing he cares about right now is just sleeping.

He sneaks into Ej's room being as silent as he can and laying down on the floor.

A few minutes later he is in dreamland.

---

Ricky wakes up looking around at his surroundings. Then he thinks back to the night before and remembers where he is. He needs to get out right now. But when he looks at the queen sized bed he sees that Ej isn't laying there anymore. Fuck.

He stands up taking his blanket and pillow off the ground and quickly walks back to the room he shares with Big Red.

But when he arrives at breakfast Ej is looking at him. He just looks away, sits down at the table far away from him, and acts like nothing happened.

"Hi Ricky" Seb says smiling at him.

"Goodmorning Seb."

"Did you sleep well?"

He looks up at Ej seeing him smile sneakily. It makes Ricky want to punch him.

"My night was okay" Ricky answers.

"Good. So what do you wanna do today?"

"I'll just go with whatever you guys are gonna do."

"Yeah I don't know what we are doing either, but I'm sure it will be fun" Seb smiles.

"Guys" Nini says, interrupting their conversation.

"Kourt and I were thinking we could go to the beach today, and then maybe go out tonight?"

Everyone agrees, eats their breakfast and takes the stuff they want to bring to the beach. Around 1pm everyone is outside.

"Should we do the same car places as yesterday?"

"Yeah I'm fine with that" Carlos says.

And of course everyone agrees, so Ricky is stuck with Ej. Again.

The boys and Ashlyn get in the car and Ricky sits down next to Big Red. He says nothing while listening to the songs on the radio.

"So Ricky, what musical are you hoping for?" Ashlyn asks him.

"Well Frozen could be cool, but also Anastasia has great music and we have talented girls so anyone could pull that off."

"True, I personally would love The Hunchback Of Notre Dame," Ashlyn replies.

"That could be really cool" Big Red says.

"I know right! And then Gina could play Esmeralda so well. Like with the dancing and stuff like that."

Ej listens to everyone talk but doesn't say anything. He likes to just observe things and keep himself quiet.

"Ej what musical do you want to do" Ashlyn asks him.

"Me? I don't know, as long as it has good songs."

"True the songs are always the best part of a musical."

They all continue talking until they arrive at the beach. It's sunny outside so they choose a good day to go.

"I'm so excited" Nini exclaims.

"Me too" Seb says.

They walk for a few minutes until they find a good spot to set down their stuff. Ricky lays down in between Carlos and Gina and takes off his shirt so he is only in his swimming trunks.

"But guys, we aren't actually swimming right" Carlos asks.

"Of course we are bro, that's why you go to the beach" Ricky says.

"And the water is good for your hair" Gina tells Carlos who still looks terrified with the thought of going into the water.

"I'll just stay here and watch our stuff okay?"

"You do you" Ricky laughs.

The day goes by fast. Ricky catches Ej looking at him a few times and it gives him a weird feeling. Not a bad feeling. He likes it. But he doesn't know why.

---

"Is everyone ready to go" Carlos screams to make everyone hear him.

"Yes" everyone says in union. They are going out to the city. Ricky is wearing the outfit Nini gave him for his birthday. A creamish button up with pants that he doesn't know the name of.

This time they switch cars so Ricky doesn't have to be in the same car as Ej again, although he wouldn't really have minded it anymore.

They arrive at a called 'wild one' that was suggested by Carlos so everyone just goes with it. They get in and look around. Gina immediately notices the dance floor and yells at Nini that they have to go dancing once they have their drinks.

Ricky feels a little uneasy. He never really goes out. But at least he is with his friends.

"Why is the music always so fucking loud in clubs" Ricky screams trying to make himself audible.

"You clearly have never gone out" Ej suddenly says.

"Of course not, why would I?"

"It's fun, Bowen. Lighten up."

"Okay Caswell, only for you" Ricky says in a sarcastic tone.

Ej walks away and Ricky lets Carlos order him a drink. He is gonna try to not care and let go tonight.

But later that night everyone sees Ricky took letting go very seriously

"You know Ej, you are actually a very attractive guy. If you wouldn't be such a dick I would consider dating you."

"You would" Ej laughs.

"Yes, and we would be a really hot couple. You might not know it but i'm bisexual. An open bisexual actually. But yeah you never cared to get to know me. There is a lot you don't know about me. See?"

Ej just looks at him with a grin on his face knowing that sober Ricky would kill himself if he knew what he was saying right now.

"Guys, I'm gonna take Ricky home. Who is coming with me?"

"I'll come" Big red says so Ashlyn also joins in. The rest stays for a little longer.

The car ride is just Ricky ranting about everything that's going on in his life and everyone listening, sometimes laughing at what he is saying.

They enter the house and Ricky clings himself around Ej. They walk upstairs together with Ej guiding him.

"I think I'm going to throw up."

"Come with me" Ej says as he leads the curly headed boy to the nearest toilet. Ricky sits down on his knees and Ej holds his hair in his hands.

"Sssst you're okay" Ej says while Ricky holds back his tears. He helps Ricky stand up and they both brush their teeth.

"Is he okay?" Big Red asks to check on his best friend.

"Yes, I'm letting him sleep with me one night okay?"

"I guess."

"Not in that way" Ej says, looking at Big Red with an annoyed look.

"Okay well, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Big Red leaves the room and the 2 boys are alone again.

"So we are gonna get you to bed now."

"I don't wanna sleep in Big Red's room."

"You will sleep with me. For one time okay?"

"Okay."