𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞

another fluff because what did you expect from me???

*****

𝐄𝐉 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐒 never been the happiest person. Since he was young he has always been criticized by everyone he knows. His parents always want the best of the best. His water polo friends want him to date the hottest girl in the school. But when it comes to it no one is ever there for him. That's until he met Ricky Bowen.

When he decided he was gonna join the theater group he never knew he was gonna end up being the happiest around them. It's not only Ricky, it's just everyone there. They treat him like he can make mistakes. They'll never judge him.

They are currently rehearsing for their show. Ej has one of his big scenes but everyone notices he isn't focussing. Especially Ricky. When the scene is finished Ricky walks up to his boyfriend.

"Hey babe are you okay?"

"Uh yeah I'm fine" he says clearly lying to the curly headed boy.

"Are you sure? You seem a little uptight. Did I do something wrong?"

"No no it's not you. Things are just really tense at home. But I really don't wanna talk about it."

"Oh okay" Ricky says as he leaves to sit down again. He wishes Ej would just talk to him. He hates it when he looks so sad.

After the rehearsals Ricky walks towards his boyfriend who is clearly lost in his own world.

"Are you taking me home?" Ricky asks which makes Ej look next to him. He hadn't even noticed that was walking next to him.

"Oh sure" He replies simply.

"I can walk if that's what you prefer?"

"No, I can take you."

"Okay then." The two walk to Ej's car in an awkward silence.

"Could I maybe sleep over at yours tonight? My dad is having a second date with this woman and I don't know what is gonna happen but I would rather be with you."

"Alright."

"Okay" Ricky mumbles.

They arrive at the caswell house and walk inside. Ej walks to the kitchen and takes 2 glasses of water.

"Here" he says, giving one to Ricky.

"Thank you."

They sit down on the couch and of course Ej goes on his phone. It takes a moment before Ricky decides to ask him about what is wrong.

"Ej?"

"Hm" Ej says, looking up from his phone.

"Uhm can you please talk to me?"

"About what?"

"About what is going on. Are you okay?"

"I'm clearly not, but why would you care about that?"

"Maybe because I'm your boyfriend and I want you to be happy. I really don't like seeing you this way babe."

Ej looks down at his hands and begins fiddling with them. That's something he does when he feels anxious or sad. So Ricky slides his hands into Ej's and makes him look up.

"You know you can talk to me right? I'm here for you, even if it is 3am in the morning."

"It's just my parents and friends are putting so much pressure on me and I am so done with it. And the only time I feel no pressure to do everything right the first time is with you and our castmates. And I got an F on my biology test and my parents got so mad. They want me to be this perfect boy who works out enough, but also has perfect grades."

"It's okay to have a bad grade once in a while. And you really don't need to be perfect because no one is. So please if your parents ever put a lot of pressure on you again just call me. Because it's not okay what they are doing to you."

"Maybe you're right."

"Trust me, I'm right" Ricky smiles.

"Ugh you're literally the best thing that ever happened to me. You make me so happy Ricky Bowen. And I'm sorry I was so snappy at you today."

"It's okay, I get it. Just tell me next time, okay?"

"I will."

"C'm here" Ricky says, giving Ej a kiss. After that he looks into his eyes and gives Ej a big smile. The smile that the green eyed boy had always loved so much. The smile that could make everyone happy. Ricky was his ray of sunshine.