𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮

last one shot of this book :(

*****

𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 always loved making songs. Songwriting was something that was in his blood. And today his first EP is coming out. It's also the first time Ej is gonna hear the songs. So Ej is staying home today to listen to the EP with Ricky.

"How many minutes till it drops?" Ej asks him.

"13 minutes" Ricky laughs. He loves that his boyfriend is so excited to hear it. And he is gonna get the first reaction.

After the most stressful 13 minutes of Ej's life he can finally listen to his boyfriend's EP. He looks at the titles of the songs. And the very last song is the one that catches his attention.

While listening to the EP he is so amazed by Ricky. He knew his boyfriend could write but holy shit he didn't expect deep lyrics like that.

When the last song comes on he looks at Ricky who is already smiling at him.

My parents told us when our time on Earth is up

That there's a place that we would go if we were good

Some destination we could never get a taste of

Not as long as we're still living in this world

Ej takes Ricky's hands in his.

Well, lately I've been questioning my faith

Just one look at you is all it really takes, oh

Ricky has the biggest smile on his face. Just seeing how Ej likes the songs so much makes him feel proud of himself.

I always heard there was a heaven

I never knew if it was true

But darlin', ever since I met you

I know that heaven is you

Heaven is you

Heaven is you

"Is this about me?"

"Yes! Who else would it be about dumbass" Ricky says laughing at Ej.

I always thought that what's been broken can't be bought

And I would never not be running from my past

To think that I could be deserving of an angel

Didn't cross my mind 'til you fell in my lap

And I'm not one to fall in love too fast

But something tells me this one's gonna last

Ej is basically crying at this point. He can't help but think about how he got so fucking lucky to have Ricky. Once the song ends Ej looks up at Ricky.

"Nooo why are you crying" Ricky laughs amazed by how it affected Ej that much.

"Because I fucking love you. You made a whole fucking song for me Ricky Bowen?"

"I did."

"Why?"

"Because you're the best thing that ever happened to me" Ricky replies honestly.

"You Ricky Bowen are an fucking angel ugh" Ej says being speechless. He really doesn't know what to say.

"It's no biggie" Ricky says shrugging it off like it's no big deal.

"Richard, stop it. The song was beautiful. I don't know what to say."

"Well don't say anything then. Just kiss me already."

And that's all it takes for Ej to lean in and kiss Ricky deeply. They really are soulmates. Made for each other.