𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

so it's like rini but change it into rj????? hopefully it's not confussing. ricky plays chad btw hahaha. enjoy babies.

TW!!! mentions of yelling

*****

𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 punched himself everyday for months now because he couldn't say 'i love you' to the boy he did love. 3 stupid fucking words that broke off his whole relationship with Ej.

But he has been trying. Trying to get Ej back. Even though Ej is dating Nini right now. Ricky knew the 2 boys belonged to each other.

So when he saw the 2 arguing he simply couldn't be happier.

"Don't make this about Ricky" Ej says.

"But that is what this is about! You told him you loved him while you couldn't even say it to me."

"Nini, we have been dating for less than a month. Yes I like you but why would I lie to you about loving you?"

"So you don't love me?" Nini asks in a furious tone.

"I don't" Ej says sassily.

"Then this is over" she says and walks away leaving Ej in the middle of the hallway trying to process what just happened.

Ricky walks towards Ej trying to comfort him in any way possible but he cuts the curly headed boy off and walks away.

*Time skip to opening night*

Since Ej was very nervous about playing the lead role he decided to come in early. And clearly Ricky had the same idea, even though he is playing Chad, it is still his first musical ever and a big role to start with.

"Oh hi" Ricky says as he sees Ej looking up to him.

"Hey" Ej says softly, smiling at him.

"Opening night jitters?" Ricky asks.

"Yeah kinda. I don't know. What about you?"

"Same, never been in a musical before this so it's all a lot to take in."

"How have you been holding up? With your parents and stuff."

"Fine I guess, the musical has been a healthy distraction."

"I'm glad to hear that" Ej says as he motions for Ricky to sit down with him.

"How have you been?"

"I'm okay" Ej says. But Ricky knows that face. And he also knows the boy in front of him isn't okay.

"Ej I know you, what's up?"

"My dad has been really hard on me. He keeps yelling at me. And I have no one to talk to about it. So you know it has been very fucking hard."

"You could've talked to me."

"Could I? We werent...arent really on good terms."

Ricky says nothing and there is an awkward silence that Ej breaks.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It was my fault."

They look into each other's eyes and smile softly at each other. And just for a moment, it felt like they were back to where it all started.