𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

TW!!! puking, under age drinking.

*****

"𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐘 we are to be late to the party." His friend Big red is taking him to one of those teenage parties where everyone get's drunk and has sex. He says Ashlyn and the other theater kids will be there so he doesn't have to worry.

But he sees a lot of reasons to worry. His social anxiety for example. He hates meeting new people. His awkwardness. Ricky can never talk to anyone without having the feeling he is embarrassing himself. His looks. What the fuck is he supossed to wear to a party?

Putting his worries aside he walks to the car and gets into the driver's seat. Since Big Red can't drive he is the one who has to sacrifice himself and not drink for the night.

They arrive at the house and it is just then Ricky realises whose house they are at. He looks over at Big Red pretending this is the most normal thing ever.

"Red, why are we at Ej Caswell's house?"

"Because this is where the party is."

"Are you fucking kidding me dude? You wouldn't think it was a good thing to tell me that before we got here."

"It's just a party. Doesn't mean you have to interact with him."

"I literally hate you."

Even though Ricky really wants to turn back and leave he wants to give his friend a chance to have a good night with Ashlyn. So they get out of the car and get into the huge house.

They greet everyone they know and Ricky goes to talk to Seb. But of course someone has to interrupt their conversation.

"Hey Bowen, wouldn't expect you to be at a party."

He looks up to Ej with a sarcastic smile and says "why not Caswell?"

Ej just shrugs which makes Ricky even more mad. So he walks towards him and says "too much of a pussy to answer?"

"Oh we've got balls now Bowen. You are never at parties. I guess you just couldn't miss mine because you're so obsessed with me."

"Sure, fucking narcissist."

EJ just smiles at him and walks away to his water polo friends. Ricky turns back to Seb and tries to continue the conversation. But the only thing playing on a loop in the background of his head is the words Ej said.

"I'm gonna grab a drink."

He walks to the kitchen and takes a shot. And another one after. EVen though he is the one supposed to drive he is in a desperate need of alcohol. So let's say an hour later Ricky was completely wasted.

"Hey Ricky, are you okay?" Big Red asks him.

"I- I think i'm gonna puke" Ricky stutters. So Big Red runs towards Ej and asks him where the bathroom is.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"It's Ricky, he says he is going to puke."

"I'll show him the way" Ej says walking towards Ricky and taking his arm without saying anything.

"W-What? W-w-why? Huh?"

"Just shut up" Ej says as he takes him upstairs. They finally arrive at the bathroom and Ricky sits down at the toilet. Ej holds up his curls so it doesn't get in his hair. When Ricky is done he just sits there looking at the walls.

"You good?"

The brown eyed boy just sighs and looks over at Ej.

"Not really. But sure."

"No talk to me."

"Why would I? You hate me. You are literally my enemy."

"I could be your friend tonight. Just spill."

"Okay well I don't know where the fuck to begin. My parents are splitting up. And they didn't even fight for what they had. Nini and I broke up, everyone knows about that. You hate me, even though I don't want you to hate me. You are the literal love of my life and one of the reasons I even agreed to break up with Nini. Oh and also everything is changing. I hate change. Fuck change. My depression is coming back and Big Red isn't even noticing it. He is only focussed on your cousin. Which is cute I guess but I miss him. The games we played. The movie nights we had."

Ej is shocked about everything the boy just said. But the one thing that caught his attention was the thing he said about him. But he doesn't want to take advantage of Ricky so decides to ask him when he is sober.

"That's a lot ricky."

"I know."

"But uhm maybe you go to sleep right now and we'll talk about it tomorrow when you're sober."

"Yeah let's do that."

★★★★★

Ricky wakes up in a room he has definitely never been in before. Is he kidnapped. Where the fuck is he? Who's room is this.

He gets up and puts on his clothes which are laying on the desk that is in the room. But he also feels his head hurting really bad.

When he gets to the hall he walks into a random room. Surprisingly there he lies. The boy of his dreams. Elijah James Caswell.

And without thinking he walks in and sits down at the edge of the bed Ej is laying in. The green eyed boy wakes up at the sudden movement and looks up.

"Oh good morning" he says, rubbing his eyes to adjust to the light.

Ricky melts as he hears Ej's morning voice. It's really low and incredibly attractive.

"Uhm good morning."

"How do you feel" Ej asks him, sitting up in his white sheets.

"I have a headache."

"You got really drunk yesterday. You and Big Red slept over. But he is in the same room as Ashlyn so I wouldn't go in there."

"Oh yeah okay. Uhm thank you for letting me sleep over."

"No need to say thank you. Uhm I really wanted to talk to you about something."

"Oh is there something wrong?"

"Nope you're good. Uhm yesterday you ranted to me about you know all the stuff that's going on at home. You also mentioned something about me being the love of your life."

Ricky's cheeks immediately get flushed at the thought of him saying that to Ej.

"Oh uhm yeah I was pretty drunk."

"I know, that's why I wanted to talk to you about it when you were sober. Ricky, do you have a crush on me?"

He looks at Ej and decides he is just gonna be honest. He really doesn't have anything to lose, has he?

"This is gonna be very weird but yeah I guess I have."

"Cool" Ej nods.

Ricky just sits there awkwardly with a tight lipped smile. He really doesn't know what to do. But then he sees Ej come closer to him.

Ej is gonna kiss him! No no no he can't.

"I don't know what you are doing but if you are gonna kiss me please don't, I have bad morning breath."

Ej chuckles and looks at him with adoration.

"Ricky Bowen you are unbelievable."

"Does that mean you were gonna kiss me?"

"I was yes. But you ruined the moment."

"I'm sorry I just want our first kiss to be good, okay? I have a reputation to keep" Ricky laughs.

"Idiot."

"Shut the fuck up Caswell. So do you like me too?"

"No, I just wanted to kiss you. Of Course I like you Ricky."

"Okay okay good. Guess you could say we really took the enemies to lovers trope to another level."

"Yes you could say that."