𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

I personaly love this one so hope you like it too!!

*****
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 Ricky has been dreading has finally come. His parents officially told him they are going to split up. He knew this was coming but it doesn't make it less hard.

So miss jenn telling him off in rehearsal definitely didn't help. He just couldn't go home. So he tries to sleep at Big Red's. But that was too noisy. So he leaves a note and skates to his ex-girlfriend. And soon finds out that isn't the right place to stay either.

Where could he go now? Is there anyone left?

He then thinks about Ej Caswell. They aren't friends. He is sure the older boy hates him. But he can't go home. So he takes a shot and skates to Ej's house.

When he arrives at the house he just stands there for a minute deciding if he is actually gonna do it. But a minute later decides he has nothing to lose.

He rings the doorbell and waits, his anxiety getting worse every second he stands in front of the door. But then the door opens and reveals Ej. He is wearing sweatpants with an oversized shirt and his hair falls on his head messily.

"Ricky?"

"Hey?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Uhm yeah, I don't really know either. It's just... there are some things going on at home. I didn't know where to go. I know you probably hate me and it's a mistake that ive-"

"Woah Ricky calm down. I don't hate you."

"You don't?"

"I just felt threatened by you. Even though I hate to admit it."

"But why?"

"Because I knew Nini liked you way better than me."

"Oh" is all Ricky can say.

"But that's besides the point. Do you wanna come in? Maybe talk about what's happening at home."

"I would like that yeah" Ricky says smiling.

Ej gets out of the way letting the curly headed boy in and closes the door after that. The boys walk to the couch and both sit down.

"Were you watching glee?"

"Uhm yeah" Ej says embarrassed as he turns off the tv.

"Don't worry, I've watched it all at least 2 times."

"You have?"

"Yep, it's like a comfort show."

Ej laughs and turns to Ricky.

"So what's going on at home?"

"A lot. My parents are getting a divorce."

"Oh my god i'm so sorry."

"It's okay I guess. I knew it was coming. Just didn't want it to actually be true. I thought they were meant for each other. But mom told me that they don't love each other anymore. At the end of the day they were only together for me."

"That really really sucks Ricky. I'm not the best at talks like this, and I have never experienced this so I don't know what you are going through. But just know I'm here for you. Even if we are not that close."

"Thank you Ej. Seems like you're the only one who has changed in a good way."

"No thank you for opening up to me. I know that can be really hard."

"Yeah normally I hate talking about my feelings. But with you it feels real."

Ricky looks up and sees the green eyed boy smiling at him. So he smiles to. And they just look into each other's eyes. Ricky then does something impulsive. He hugs Ej. But when he feels the strong arms wrap around him he smiles to himself. It's like he has found his new safe space.

"Wanna watch Glee with me?" Ej asks him when they stop hugging.

"I would love to" Ricky says as he faces the tv.