Chapter 20

I had continued staying with Jessica and her kids, but we all had been restless nights because of me. Nightmares were the reason why I would always wake Jessica and at times, I'd wake up screaming. It was endless torture but Jessica didn't leave me to suffer alone. She even moved into my room, just so that she could be close by. I didn't have it good honestly.

Silently, I noticed that Jessica was finding it difficult to take care of the children and I, because she had to quit one job. Even if she had not said a word, I could tell that she had expenses piling up. "I don't even know how I'm in a right state of mind, I'm supposed to be crazy," I told Jesse.

"I won't comment on that," he relied.

"Other than that, expenses are piling up here and it breaks my heart that Jessica wants to handle it alone."

He cleared his throat. "Start baking," he said.

"No groceries. It's really difficult."

"I'll bring some groceries, just send me the list of the things that you'll need," he told me.

I walked to my window and saw Joell and James playing with sand in the backyard. "Could you add some toys for the boys?"

"Why not?" He smiled.

"How are the exams? How's Olivia? How's everything that side?"

Scratching the back of his neck, he stretched his back. "My exams are hectic but God got me, I haven't seen Olivia in a while and everything is," he paused. "Three days to go."

That had totally skipped my mind. Jesse and I were getting married in three days. I swallowed hard as it scared me. "We don't have to get married if you don't want to," revealed Jesse.

"Don't worry about that."

Jesse ended up coming during the weekend with Olly. They had bought the groceries and the toys. Jessica was finding possible jobs in the newspaper and I had gone out to meet Jesse. Jessica froze as Jesse and Olly began to bring in bags of food. A lot of food. "Where did you get the money to afford all these things?" I asked Jesse.

He smiled and kissed my forehead as he walked past me. "I got so much to tell you," Olivia happily said.

Jesse bought water guns, a football and a PlayStation for the boys. A bonus was book with bible stories for each of them. I was still waiting for an explanation. Olivia pulled me away towards the car where she started telling all that had happened since I left. "Girl, I'm glad that you weren't around when Cleo and her friends came looking for you at work. She has got so much attitude that, I couldn't 't handle her. Can you believe they threatened me just because I didn't want to give them your location?" She spilled.

"What does she want from me?"

"She just wants Jesse back."

Just then, Jesse put his arm around me. I couldn't risk bringing a child in this world if Cleo was going to be on my case. As much as I was trying to be strong about the whole baby thing, it killed me inside. I was left bare and scarred. "I brought something for you," he said as he took a guitar from his car.

"Thank you," I responded, as I took the guitar from him and pulled a few strings.

He then took out a clothing bag and placed it on top of the car. "Everything that you'll need for tomorrow is in this bag."