Chapter 7

I came out of my walk-in closet while sighing. I had absolutely nothing to wear for tonight. Come to think of it I haven't been shopping in a while. 

I stroked over to my bed falling flat on my stomach into the comfy cloud of heaven. I Lied there for about five minutes when I let a gasp come of my mouth. I hurriedly crawled onto my knees and crawled near my pillows. I began throwing all the pillows across my room not caring where they landed.

I grabbed my phone and smiled with my eyes while mumbling, "Jackpot"

I took my phone I had just gotten for my sixteenth birthday and pressed it lightly against my ears, I NEEDED a girl. Not just any girl though, a girl with style. 

"Hello" I said breathlessly. I crossed my fingers hoping she would help me out on this desperate need. I rolled my eyes when I thought my mom could help, but when is she ever here? My thoughts came to a halt when I realized how depressed it was making me.

"Hey girlie" I heard the high-pitched voice exclaim with excitement. I pulled the phone slightly away from ear as I continued, "Its an emergency. Fashion disaster!" I poured out with anxiety.

She then screamed into the phone, "Iris, pull yourself together. I'll be there with a real cute outfit, makeup, and hair accessories. You welcome" I could sense her smile like she just saved the day. Then again, she might just have.

Thank god for Savannah. Its a good thing we exchanged numbers in science today otherwise I would've been stuck on my own.

 I paced back and forth in my room . I began shaking my hands and felt my heart escalate. Why was I getting so worked up over a date? Especially over HIM?! I mean I've been on dates before and never felt this nervous. 

I stopped pacong when I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the clock that hinger just above my desk that read 5:34 pm. I let out a gush of air I had held in knowing that it wasn't 7 yet. 

I practically ran down the stairs trying to reach the door as soon as possible. Right as I opened the door she began, "Alright, I need you to take a quick shower, shave and don't wash your hair"

I was puzzled as she walked in my house with the equipment needed. I stared at her for a second before she asked with seriousness, more like told, "Now?"

I nodded my head while gulping, "Right"

I let my hand slither on the railing as I walked up the steps. Savannah followed close behind while examining the house.  I took a breath before opening up the door to my room, only realising then how messy it was. 

"Sorry", I mumbled quite embarassed. 

"It's okay", she assured me, "Boys make us crazy huh?" 

I nodded in agreement while letting out a small laugh. I really did judge Savannah harshly, I still had this gut feeling that something was wrong, but ignored it. 

She let her eyes fall away from my room and to me, "So take the shower, shave and don't wash your hair, okay?"

I began walking to the bathroom door that was in my room but before completely walking in I asked while turning my head towards Savannah, "Why should I shave?"

She was setting up her beauty station intensely on my desk when she removed her eyes from the cherry chestnut desk to me, "Just to be safe". With that she winked and returned to what she was doing.

Leaving me puzzled I turned away and closed the door. I glided over to the shower handles and turned them straight up. I let the showerhead's water drizzle over my hand before I felt the right temperature. I  undressing myself, but it was when I was in my bra and panties that I realised what Savannah meant. I shivered at the thought and got in the perfectly heated water.