Chapter 20

"No not shitting you.... Bobby has a problem Iris.. you wouldn't understand."

I stood there dumbfounded. A problem? What kind of problem?

I had every intention on making this my business.

"What's behind those eyes Anderson?" I mumbled curiously to myself. I sat there in longer thought thinking about everything I've ever learnt about Bobby, with any knowledge I had of him. I had to connect the puzzle. It was now my mission... and breaking his heart of course.

I came back to reality when Erika said worriedly, "I'm going to go to class now, but if you want to talk I'm here. K?"

I nodded my head in agreement with a genuine smile. I couldn't help but feel as thankful to have as many caring friends as I did right now.

She stalked past me with her books attached to her arms. I sat there frozen for a minute when my head shot straight back to Bobby. Ugh, I hated saying his name. Or even thinking it for that matter.

I heard a husky voice inside the supply closet. Hmm?

My eyes found theirselves rolling in circles as I heard his voice once again, does he ever go to class?

Then again I wasn't one to talk, with so much going through my head these past weeks I found any excuse to get out of class. Even skipping a few..

I slowly creeped closer to the supply closet as I heard voices inside. One for sure was Bobby's but whose voice was the other person.

I couldn't exactly make a clear of what they were saying or who it was from this distance. I slowly pushed my hands on the door, then I found myself slowly grazing the door with the side of my face before pushing it well against the supply closet.

As I listened a little closer I became aware that it was a guy on guy kind of talk. Hmm? Who was the prick talking to...

"Do you got the money..." The unknown man said in a crispy whisper. I heard a 'thud' come from within the wall that separated us.

"Could you be any louder?" I heard Bobby's voice cry with frustration. Why was he giving money?

My eyes grew big as I slapped a hand over my mouth, WAS BOBBY BUYING DRUGS!?

My hand was just about yanked open the door and confronted Bobby for the addict he was and considered him getting him help when I found myself stopping.

The unknown man said bitterly, "I hope you know I'm not doing this for you Anderson."

Their feet shifted inside as I heard Bobby exclaim with much seriousness, "I know you're not..."

"You do understand why I'm doing this right?" The man asked trying to pry some answers out of Bobby. It was clear that he would go on with whatever their talk was about even if Bobby disagreed to.

I didn't hear anything for a while and decided that Bobby didn't speak, he just simply nodded.

I heard than man's tongue bite like a snake when he said so cold even I shivered, "Good. Don't lose sight of it... I'm going to need money for tonight, if were going to proceed with this."

I heard Bobby mumble quietly to myself before they shifted once again. It was probably a good time to disappear or go to class since it sounded clear that their conversation was basically over.

But right before I left I heard Bobby question, "...Right?"

The man's voice echoed through the door as he asked harshly, "..yeah"