Chapter 10

I raised my hand sharply in the air for Mr.Ekrison to see. Finally, before too long of having it rested in mid air, he said "Iris?"

I inhaled a deep breath realizing everyone's eyes were on me. I began to studder, "Uhh... y-yes. May I use the restroom?" It was a miracle I remembered my manners with that much pressure.

He let his head fall up and down, indicating a small nod, while replying, "Sure, take a pass." He handed a blue sheet of paper after he had bent down on his desk to sign his name.

I gave him a light smile and gathered myself off the hard chair I sat in. "Thanks" I mumbled with a small grin.

I walked out the door of the classroom letting out a huge lump of air that was aching to get out. I closed the door silently behind me and walked quickly to the bathroom.

As I quickened my pace to the restroom I heard a voice, "Hey... Iris right?"

My fingers reached for my eyes as they wiped away the few tears I had let out.

"Um" I said still back turned while biting my lip, I turned around to meet eye to eye with Seth, "Yeah."

He motioned his hands to the pass, "Bathroom?"

I nodded my head while crossing my hands over my chest. I tried to look away from him but his gaze was too strong to dissipate.

He began walking closer leaving me to breathe harder than the breath before.

"Have you been crying?" He asked with a sincerity that couldn't have been a lie. I faked my best smile before letting my head fall to the ground as I stared at the polished tiles.

I lifted my head up to meet his eyes once more. Guess he never looked away... Do I look as broken as I am? What am I even doing anymore?

I laughed hysterically,"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." I kept saying it, trying to convince someone that I didn't mean any of it. I never meant to drag anyone into my life.

He tried to come closer, but I refused for him to take another step. I put my hands up in a signal to say 'stop walking' and he did.

"I'll be fine" I said just above a whisper trying desperately for him to believe me. He didn't buy it for one second though.

He hesitatingly said, "I'm going to give you my number right now. I'm not sure if I should leave you here right now..." He trailed off looking me in the eyes.

He titled his head and brushed his hands through his hair while continuing to say with his eyes departed from mine, "But.. I'm going to respect what your asking..."

I felt his presence before me, closer than he had just been previously. He took out a sharpie and held out his hand. I got the hint and gave him my pass. He took the pale blue paper from my hand gently and wrote his digits.

He looked at me sternly, "Call me" He placed the sheet in the palm of my hand. Once he left my view I felt hot tears begin to build up.

Everything I've ever hid was about to come out sooner than later. I ran to the girls bathroom not caring how I must've looked through other people's eyes.

I almost fell to the ground as I slipped on some water but caught myself by holding onto the porcelain counter top. That tears streamed down my face heavily. I looked in the mirror and noticed how my makeup smeared everywhere. I was a complete mess, but when haven't I been one?

I cried harder gasping for air. This can't be my life, can it? I convinced myself so many times that I was a normal person with a normal life. I looked at myself once more, pathetic. I am absolutely pathetic and not useful for anything. The secrets I held in for so long were all coming out through my tears, even if I couldn't bare to say them outloud, I was feeling them.

I sucked up the tears that tried to escape. I used all my strength to keep my trembling hands from collapsing to the ground. I turned the knob to the sink and watched at the water pulled out. I ran my hands under the warm water as I sniffled. I cupped the warm water in my hands and let it was away all my thoughts. The water hit my face gently and I already felt better.

I walked out of the restroom deciding I should just skip today.

As I opened the doors of the school the hard cool air hit me harder than I expected. I wrapped my arms around my chest shivering. I scrunched my eyebrows together searching for a sign of teachers.

I let a heavy sigh out and began walking when I heard a grunt. At first I avoided it until it happened continuously. I ran around the corner of the school building to see Bobby beating up a kid endlessly. I turned white and my heart beat escalated.

He was going to kill this kid! I knew him, his name was Derek I believe. Being the way I am, I wasn't going to let him do any more harm than he had already done. Derek already had a bloody nose, a purplish eye, his lip was busted, his cheek was beginning to bruise.

Bobby now had Derek pinned against the building as he wrenched his neck. I screamed at him furiously, "LET HIM GOOO!"

I ran over and pushed Bobby, which didn't seem to help because he was much more stronger.

"GET OFF OF HIM!" I screamed in his ear trying my best to pull his arms away from Derek's neck.

I was about to yell again, "BOBBY LET HI-"

He let Derek go with a grunt. Derek ran the opposite direction while whispering breathlessly, "Thank you" in my direction. I just nodded, but More concerned in what this douche was thinking.

"Mind your own business, princess" Bobby pressed through clenched teeth. I shook my head, "What were you thinking?"

He avoided the darts I was mentally throwing at him and pushed past me as he huffed out emotionless, "You wouldn't understand..."

"Try me" I snapped back at him waiting patiently for him to answer. But he didn't, all he did was look me in the eyes, his cold, bitter eyes. They held nothing.

Anger over took the silence, growing impatient I yelled, "UGH, ANSWER ME!"

He didn't say anything, or turn his cold stare away. It only made me even more angry.

"How dysfunctional is this?" I asked while looking at Bobby in his eyes, searching for a sign of vulnerability. I saw nothing. As expected.

I glanced at him one last time before turning away and following the pavement home.

"WHAT ABOUT OUR DATE TONIGHT?" He yelled over to me waiting for an answer but all I did was keep walking while shaking my head.

"WHAT ABOUT IT?" I tossed back him still pacing away from him. "PRICK" I added to my previous comment. I heard his light chuckle and could tell he was smirking.

Even though today had emotionally broke me down, I decided it was best to avoid the past and just break this jerk's heart. Something I would be happy to do.

I surely would give him hell if he what he did on our first date. Time for him to learn, and never forget.