Chapter 21

"Just give me two seconds.", Bobby begged me while I walked along the pavement. I was exhausted and ready to go on my date with Seth tonight. Just thinking about him left butterflies in my stomach.

I flipped around, just about bumping into his chest when I took a step back and cleared my throat. I stood confidently and spoke with much irritation, "...Well?"

Two seconds wouldn't kill, besides just thinking about Seth made me giddy and nothing could destroy that. I also needed a distraction from Seth because to be honest, just thinking about our date was making me impatient.

"Look..", he sighed while glancing from his left to right and then back at me. His eyes didn't have a cold sensation like usual, he was letting his walls down, even if it was just for these short two seconds. He looked me in my eyes, and for what felt like the first time his stare sent me churning.

He then continued with a seriousness, something was wrong. I had heard this tone when he was talking to mystery man, "Just don't do anything stupid Iris..."

What could I do that was possibly stupid? Oh that's right, fall for your games and madly in love with you.

Like that'd ever happen... Just thinking about it made me want to laugh in his face.

Anyways, he made it pretty impossible to fall in love with him. I mean come on, he is up and down all around. Nothing about him is stable.

...Maybe except the cold stare he can maintain for endless days plus more. Which happened to send me ballistic.

I solluted him like I was in the military and said saracastically, "Will do.. prick."

I was just about to advance to my cozy home when a grip on my wrist held me back. I jerked around with much confusement, what did he want now?

"Listen to me Iris... please." His plead made it hard for me not to agree, but my stubbornness got the best of me. I knew better than to listen to a bad boy man-whore who was heartless might I add.

All I knew for sure was he was broken, and that's the only reason I could ever feel sorry for him. Because I've been where he's been and here we are both still broken. Trying to reach out in desperate need of help.

At least I was healing... and that was something only Seth could do.

He caught my ear once more when he spat out nervously, "Bad things happen to good people... just.. don't let your guard down."

Oh believe me, I wasn't letting my guard down for him if that's where he was getting at. But the look in his eyes told me it was much more, beyond him to be precise.

I swapped his hand off my wrist as I replied harshly, "Right... like when those guys almost raped me?.... Yeah, I regret going on date with you that night...."

"You met Seth didn't you." He spat back with that familiar dry look in his beautiful eyes.

I nodded my head silently hoping he wouldn't drag this conversation any farther.

"And your going on a date with him tonight, so do you actually regret that night?." He spoke bitterly without a sense of amusement.

How'd he know about my date with Seth?

"How do you kn-", I began speaking while my eyes narrowed trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

"Hey babe", I heard from a distance, cutting me off mid-way through my sentence. All of a sudden I was smiling from ear to ear as Seth approached me.