Prologue

"Are you sure about this?"

"Are you even a demon? Shouldn't you be pressuring me to seal the contract now?"

"You know what it will cost you right?"

"Yes. So just fucking do it right now. I didn't summon you without thinking through."

"I shall take half of your heart as a down payment."

The demon reached its hand out from the darkness and pierced right through his chest. He screamed in pain and dropped to his knees. His eyes darkened as tears spilled from his eyes. He coughed and choked, his saliva dripping from his mouth. This was only half the price that he had to pay. He needed to endure this. He clutched his chest and looked up, only to meet those red sinister eyes. His gaze travelled to its hand. He looked away immediately. It was grotesque. He couldn't look at it. He then felt chains binding his remaining heart. He felt suffocated. It was painful.

"Two years. That's your limit. If you wish to use the power, your days will decrease. Enjoy your time."

He shot up from his bed. The first thing he did was to check himself in the mirror. He really went back in time. He touched his own face. His dark eye bags were no longer. His shitty complexion was no longer. He looked much younger, much livelier. He lifted up his shirt and saw the contract tattooed on his chest. There was a clock. It was counting down. He placed his hand over his chest. He couldn't feel much of a heartbeat. His body was cold. He was half dead. However, this didn't bother him. What bothered him the most was his regret. He didn't realise that he needed him until he had let him go. And this time, he will make things right. This time, he will treat him right and treasure him even if... he wouldn't love him back.