Chapter Two

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

U n i v e r s i t y

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

29/03/2021

It had been five days since Beomgyu had came back in time. Taehyun was totally creeped out by Beomgyu's behaviour that day and ever since then, Beomgyu's attitude had changed slightly. Though he never cleaned and cooked again, he stopped picking on Taehyun and would help out occasionally. His actions were subtle. When Taehyun cooked, Beomgyu would set the table. When Taehyun washed the clothes, Beomgyu would bring the laundry basket to him. They were small actions but they were still visible changes. Beomgyu stopped all his immature acts and spent most of his time in his room. They didn't interact as much since both of them had different schedules but today, Monday, they had one lecture together. Taehyun was already in campus since he had a class before the lecture. He found his usual seat and sat down with his friends in the lecture hall. He then watched as students slowly strolled in and spotted Beomgyu walking towards his direction.

Beomgyu smirked when he found Taehyun. He chose the seat behind him along with his friends and kicked the back of Taehyun's seat constantly to annoy him. He laughed loudly at the dumb jokes his friend had made and would throw a few insults here and there about Taehyun. Everyone knew they were engaged and that they had a terrible relationship. Even though Beomgyu's friends didn't support the way he treated Taehyun, they didn't dare to stop him. They could only laugh along with him. Beomgyu was straight, or so he believed, thus, he despised Taehyun, who was a guy and his fiance. Beomgyu was someone who valued freedom a lot and having a fiance made him feel like he was being trapped and restricted. Despite already having a fiance, Beomgyu still played and fooled around with girls. He wanted to rebel. He wanted to break free. Taehyun and the house were a burden to him. Beomgyu would always make sure that he had a girl with him whenever both of them crossed paths. And today wasn't any different. After the lecture, Beomgyu had his arm around this one particular girl who always clung to him. Taehyun rolled his eyes at them when Beomgyu gave him a smug look. Truth to be told, Taehyun wasn't really affected. He had no interests in the games Beomgyu was trying to play with him. He had no interest in girls too. He liked boys.

Beomgyu smiled when he found Taehyun. He chose the seat behind him and sat down with his friends. Taehyun expected a kick in his seat but there was none. He looked behind at Beomgyu and saw that he was busy with his laptop. Instead of being loud and obnoxious like he was before, he was quiet and kept his focus solely on the screen. How unusual. Even Beomgyu's own friends had found it weird. Beomgyu felt everyone staring at him and looked up from his laptop screen.

"What?" Beomgyu frowned and asked in a genuine manner but because of his reputation, everyone interpreted it as "What are you looking at, mind your own damn business". They all shook their heads and looked away immediately. No one would want to pick a fight with Beomgyu. He was an outgoing person with an attractive personality. Everyone loved him as a person but at the same time, they feared him. They wouldn't want to anger Beomgyu. Taehyun was the only exception, he wasn't afraid of him but he just didn't want to fight.

Beomgyu would steal a few glances at Taehyun and his friends throughout the lecture. He watched how Taehyun smiled and laughed when whispering to his friends. Beomgyu loved his smile. Taehyun had never smiled for him, not even before he travelled back time. He could only see his smile from afar but Beomgyu was contented with just that.

The lecture went smoothly for Taehyun. Way too smoothly he thought. Beomgyu didn't torment him. Beomgyu didn't talk. Not even with his friends. Taehyun packed his bag and was about to leave with his friend, Hueningkai, when suddenly he felt a pair of really cold hands grabbing his. He spun around to see that the owner of those hands were no other than Beomgyu.

"I..." Beomgyu began.

Taehyun looked at him and waited for him to continue.

"Do you want to join me for lunch?" Beomgyu managed to ask.

Taehyun frowned. Did Choi Beomgyu just invite him to lunch?

"Sure. Why not?" He answered and shrugged. He didn't see a reason not to. Beomgyu might have really changed for the better. Taehyun's parents had also told him to try his best to get closer with Beomgyu too.

"Wait-" Hueningkai tried to speak but got stopped by Taehyun. He knew that Kai was worried for him and he gave him a reassuring arm squeeze.

"I will see you later" Taehyun smiled at Kai. The moment he turned to Beomgyu, his smile faded and his stone cold expression was back on. Beomgyu felt a little hurt by it but he didn't have a choice.

"Sorry, not today." Taehyun heard Beomgyu say to the girl who always tried to cling to him. They were in the university's cafeteria. Taehyun was surprised, and so was the girl. Beomgyu rejected a girl for Taehyun? That was big news. Taehyun had thought Beomgyu would surely ditch him to hang out with that persistent and nasty girl.

"Wow, you're really weird these days" Taehyun being straightforward, commented.

"Mhm" Beomgyu only hummed and ordered his kimchi fried rice.

Taehyun was seriously not used to this Beomgyu. It was creepy. He would honestly prefer the notorious Beomgyu he had once known.

They found a table and sat down comfortably. Taehyun waited for Beomgyu to speak, thinking that there must had been a reason for him to ask him out for lunch but Beomgyu only ate in silence.

"So what do you want?" Taehyun finally questioned him.

"Enjoy lunch with my fiance." Beomgyu answered honestly as he chewed slowly.

Taehyun bit his bottom lips. A shiver went down his spine. It felt weird and cheesy coming out of Beomgyu's mouth. Beomgyu would never say such a thing, not even to the girls he would hang out with. He kept his mouth shut and ate his bulgoggi rice. He wondered what changed Beomgyu so suddenly. Beomgyu must had a motive and he wanted to figure it out. Taehyun had noticed how Beomgyu would only eat half of his usual portion. He had been doing that since Wednesday. He had asked Beomgyu about it and Beomgyu had told him that he just had no appetite, which was true, he really didn't feel like eating all the time. Taehyun then remembered his cold hands. He looked up to Beomgyu and reached his hand out to touch him but Beomgyu quickly avoided it.

"Are you perhaps sick?" Taehyun asked.

"No."

Taehyun frowned and didn't ask further. He finished his food quietly and felt uneasy under Beomgyu's stare. Beomgyu was admiring Taehyun's features. He had never looked at him closely like this before. He was glad he could finally have a good look. Doe eyes, angular nose, plump lips, small face, flawless skin. Taehyun was breathtaking. If only Beomgyu could see his smile and his cute dimples. But he knew he didn't deserve to see it after all of the tormenting he had done to Taehyun. Beomgyu had decided to just appreciate what he could get now. Being in the same university meant that he could see him more often too and he was grateful for that.

"I'm glad we study at the same university."

[You never smiled for me and so I could only imagine how you would smile at me]