Chapter Twelve

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

H i s t o r y

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

17/07/2021

"Huening?" Taehyun called out when he saw Hueningkai scurrying back to his shared room with Beomgyu with a new packet of tissues in his hand.

"Y-yeah?" Hueningkai halted and turned to Taehyun. He was clearly in a rush.

"Is there something wrong?" Taehyun asked, noticing how Hueningkai had panic written all over his face.

"Yeah, we ran out of tissues and Beomgyu hyung is taking a dump" Hueningkai quickly made up a lie and tried to sound as natural as possible. It would be suspicious if he had said no.

Taehyun nodded his head with a small frown and let Hueningkai go.

Hueningkai made sure to lock the door before rushing to the bathroom where Beomgyu was. He stood at the door, horrified by the scene.

There was a small pool of blood on the bathroom floor. Blood continued to drip from Beomgyu's open mouth as he continued to cough. Beomgyu didn't manage to make it to the toilet bowl in time and had created a mess on the floor. Blood was smeared on the tap and the basin too. Beomgyu looked at Hueningkai with his teary eyes.

"Hurry up you dumbass" He said in between violent coughs. He clutched his chest in pain and shut his eyes.

Hueningkai hurried to Beomgyu's side and pulled out a bunch of tissues. Beomgyu spat out the remaining blood into them and leaned against the tiled wall, exhausted. Hueningkai quickly washed the blood on the floor away with the shower head and cleaned the remaining part that was unreachable by the shower head with tissues. He washed the basin and tap too and dumped the tissues into the toilet bowl before flushing them away. He felt like he was covering and cleaning up a crime scene.

"Does this happen every morning?" The younger asked after Beomgyu had regained his energy and changed his clothes.

"Yeah" Beomgyu replied simply and threw his bloodied clothes into a plastic bag. He doubted that he could wash the blood off completely so he had to dispose them later. "Usually I'd be ready by the toilet bowl though." He added. "Thanks for your help today."

Hueningkai nodded and unlocked the door before opening it. He jumped when he saw Taehyun right in front of the door staring at him.

"Soobin hyung said to get ready. We are going out for brunch." Taehyun informed them and peeked behind Hueningkai to find Beomgyu.

Beomgyu popped out from behind and rested his chin on Hueningkai's shoulder. "We are pretty much ready to go out." He told Taehyun.

Taehyun kept his blank expression on and nodded. He pulled Hueningkai away from Beomgyu and linked arms with his best friend as they walked down the stairs to where Soobin and Yeonjun were. Beomgyu watched their backs and smiled softly before following after them.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"Say, why are we here?" Soobin looked around the cinema. They ended up in the movie theater after brunch and were seated right in the middle.

"Because Yeonjun hyung wanted to watch a horror movie." Hueningkai answered. He was seated in the middle with Soobin and Yeonjun on his right and Taehyun and Beomgyu on his left. The tallest and shortest were definitely not ready. Hueningkai laughed at their worried expressions which earned him a smack from both sides.