Chapter Seventeen

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

R e a s o n 

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

04/10/2021

It had been a while since their so called "talk".  They had gotten even closer and Taehyun had stopped asking so many questions. There was no longer that suffocating tension they once had. And like what Beomgyu had requested, Taehyun didn't treat him any different. He didn't show his pity for him, even though he always felt sympathy towards the older. He couldn't quite wrap his head around the fact that Beomgyu was sick. He couldn't imagine the pain and suffering he was going through. Beomgyu still had his usual calm and composed look on. 

On the other hand, Beomgyu was still being cautious around Taehyun. He was elated that they had gotten even closer now but he was also afraid of it. He kept himself in check and made sure to never cross his own boundaries. He had the urge to push Taehyun away and distance himself but he knew that it would only be a mistake. He was just scared that he wouldn't be able to properly leave him when his time comes. Even though he wasn't sure if Taehyun would feel the same by then, he was also scared that Taehyun wouldn't be able to take it too. Being friends was already dangerous enough since an emotional attachment had been formed. No matter how weak it was, it was still an emotional attachment. 

Beomgyu glanced at the picture book Taehyun had bought him. It was now part of the mini shelf beside his bed. It indeed had a healing effect. Beomgyu felt at ease whenever he read it. The colours changed every page. Sometimes there were pastel and soft colours, sometimes there were bright and dark colours, but all of them were soothing and easy on the eyes. Beomgyu loved the storyline as well. It was heartwarming and wholesome, though the ending wasn't the happiest. He picked up his car keys and left his room. 

"Good morning" Beomgyu greeted Taehyun who was putting on his shoes at the door. 

"Morning..." Taehyun turned to look at him then at his car keys. "You...?" 

"I'm driving you to campus" Beomgyu smiled. 

"You don't have any classes today though?" Taehyun tied his shoelaces. Beomgyu had stopped skipping his classes last week because Taehyun had told him so. "You don't have to send me there... you can just always pick me up like what you've been doing." 

"I'm free to do whatever I want" Beomgyu shrugged and slipped on his shoes. "Let's go." He opened the door for Taehyun. 

Taehyun grabbed his bag and followed after Beomgyu to his car in a separate garage. "Breakfast?" He asked as he got into the passenger's seat.

"No need" Beomgyu answered simply and turned on the engine and drove out of their residence to their university campus.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

"..."

"..."

"So...?" Geon whispered to Taehyun.

"I have no idea what he's thinking" Taehyun whispered back and glanced at Beomgyu who was sitting right beside them with his arms crossed and leaning completely into his seat. The professor shot them a weird and confused glance as well. Beomgyu wasn't supposed to be in this lecture. 

What was Beomgyu doing there? Beomgyu actually didn't know himself. On the outside, he might seem cold and calm right now but on the inside, he was freaking out. He had acted on impulse. He didn't even know what came over him but he just wanted to be with Taehyun today.