Chapter Thirty Six

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

S u n

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

26/10/2022

Tick.

Beomgyu turned around and quietly stared at the clock while seated on the floor of his playroom.

Tick.

He watched as the minute hand got triggered everytime the second hand completed one full round and moved a small distance in a clockwise direction.

Tick.

Beomgyu faced away from the clock and looked at the small boy in the corner of his playroom who was reading a storybook. Kang Taehyun. He came to the Choi's residency once in a blue moon and always chose to read storybooks instead of playing with the toys.

What was so interesting about storybooks? Beomgyu had read almost every single one of them available in the library. He was the type to get tired and bored of things easily. He would only watch and read things once. On the other hand, Taehyun could reread the same storybook countless of times, or watch the same cartoon on repeat. Glancing down at the Lego race car he had built without a manual, he decided to ignore the odd kid and play with his own toys. Pulling his race car back, he let it go and watched it speed across the room.

Taehyun looked up from his storybook when he felt something hitting his feet. Putting away the book, he noticed the Lego race car. He picked it up and took a closer look. It was well put together and extremely detailed. It looked better than the race car shown on the manual. Looking at the older, he saw how Beomgyu had a gentle and small smile on his face as he reached his hand out, asking for the toy back.

The younger boy had heard his parents talk about Beomgyu, and specifically his intelligence. Beomgyu was exceptionally smart. Though Taehyun didn't quite understand what the adults was talking about, he recalled something about Beomgyu's odd and strange thought process, and how it was sophisticated for a child his age.

When Beomgyu got no response from the younger, he decided to speak. "Earth to Taehyun? Are you not going to give it back? Or do you want to play with it?"

"Can you tell me something interesting?" Taehyun placed the race car into Beomgyu's hands.

"Hmm... What do you want to know about?"

"Anything..."

Beomgyu scratched the back of his head. "Umm... Do you know that mathematically and theoretically speaking, we can travel in time? Into the future or back into the past... Actually I'm not sure if it's true. It's just what I've heard. But with magic, it's totally possible."

"Oh" Taehyun showed him a small frown. He didn't understand a single thing the older had spoken.

"Do you want to go out? It gets boring in here" Beomgyu offered his hand to Taehyun.

Taehyun stared at his hand for a moment before taking it. Warm. Beomgyu's hand was warm and his hold was gentle, just like his smile.

Following the older out to the mini greenhouse, Taehyun saw different types of blooming flowers. He was never interested in flowers. They were beautiful and smelt nice, but they could be overwhelming to him. He only knew one type of flower; the red rose.

"These are pink carnations" Beomgyu plucked a stalk out and gave it to Taehyun, "It means 'I'll never forget you'. "

Glancing down at the flower in his hand, Taehyun nodded his head. Pink carnations. He would remember this.