Chapter Thirty Nine

┌──────═━┈┈━═──────┐

A l w a y s

└──────═━┈┈━═──────┘

A/n: Super long chapter, please bear with it! Also, this is not the last chapter

24/12/2022

Taehyun found himself standing in front of a florist shop at 5pm. Pushing the glass door open, he took a step in and was immediately greeted by a familiar looking man.

"Taehyun-ssi" the male smiled warmly at him. "You finally came."

The silver haired vaguely remember his name. He believed that it was Jin.

"Yes..." He returned the smile.

Jin could see how exhausted the younger looked. Prominent eye bags, dry chapped lips, disarranged hair and eyes that seemed to be losing focusing now and then. "Do you want a drink?"

"Some warm water please" Taehyun looked around the store, finding a variety of flowers. "Do you manage all of these by yourself?"

"Yeah" Jin replied and passed him a glass of warm water. "Tell me when you're ready to go in."

Taehyun nodded and thanked him for the water. He watched as Jin returned to work who started spraying the flowers with minimal water and recalled how he first met him.

"Who's that?" Hueningkai asked with his eyes and nose red from all the crying he had done. They were currently at Beomgyu's funeral when they saw an unfamiliar man mourning. The said man had brought a bouquet of white lilies and placed it onto the coffin. Ugly cries escaped his lips as soon as he saw Beomgyu's lifeless body.

"I-I don't know..." Taehyun had been eyeing him once he had entered and he was undoubtedly feeling confused and perplexed. Who was he? He had never seen him around Beomgyu before and he didn't seem like a student from their university. He could tell that the man was older than them as well. Who was he to his Beomgyu hyung?

Taehyun's held his breath when the mysterious man turned around and looked right into his eyes. He was extremely good looking and it made his chest tighten with a certain discomfort. Standing rooted to the floor, he allowed the man to approach him.

"I can't believe when he said I would meet you soon, it would be at his funeral" the older male said as he wiped his tears away. "I'm Jin."

What? This Jin man had wanted to meet him? Taehyun was completely baffled. "I'm Taehyun..."

"Yes I know that very well, Beomgyu would talk about you every chance he got" Jin giggled at the fond memories of Beomgyu visiting the store.

"Oh" Taehyun felt his face heating up slightly. "Umm..."

"You must have a lot of questions and I'm sure he has all the answers ready for you" Jin spoke. "Here's a small note Beomgyu had left for you. I don't know why he didn't tell you directly and had to force me to relay the message but here."

Jin passed Taehyun a small folded piece of paper.

"How... do you know that I have questions for him?" Taehyun looked up from the paper to the man, feeling suspicious. Did this Jin guy possibly know more about Beomgyu than he did?

"He always said so. I don't know what he meant either" Jin rubbed his nape and smiled. "He had always said how sorry he felt towards you. Something about his regrets as well. And he would always laugh at how absurd everything was."