Chapter 12 - Recurring Nightmare

(tw: death, blood, gore, violence, angst, sexual assault, sexual harassment, swearing, head injury) 

[a brief summary of this chapter is available on the next chapter for the people who do not want to read this for their own safety. this chapter contains subject matter that may be triggering for some people. reader discretion is advised.]

Technoblade felt as the anvil slammed into him, crushing him instantly. He tried to scream but his skull had been crushed and was now reforming, growing back muscle and skin as the totem in his hand brought him back to life. The pain was unbearable, as if he were on fire, his body sliced with millions of cuts. Then it was as if he had never died, his entire body was anew, exactly as it had been before. All his senses returned to him in a heartbeat. (Or perhaps a lack of one)

He threw himself over the bars of the cage and hit the ground running. All his muscles screamed in protest, but he ignored them and kept running. He could hear the Butcher Army's commotion as he ran towards where Y/N had been tied up. As he neared the fencepost, he realized she was gone from where he had seen her last. 

He noticed that the grass had been flattened, footsteps had approached where Y/N was, and then dragged something across the grass a ways, then picked up whatever they had been dragging.

Technoblade scanned the area, his heartbeat thundering in his ears. He then noticed a hooded figure near a cave entrance off a ways, a familiar shape draped across their shoulder.

"They've got Y/N!" Technoblade cried aloud, the voices in his head yelling so loudly he couldn't hear his own thoughts. 

He raced towards the figure, who had disappeared into the cave. He was tired and his entire body still hurt, but he was determined to get Y/N back.

Struggling into the cave, panting hard and leaning on the stone walls, Technoblade headed into the cave. The flickering light of the torches sitting in niches on the wall cast a strange light, sending sprawling shadows across the stone.

The cloaked figure was standing up ahead in a room full of chests. The room had been labeled "Final Control Room". As Technoblade entered the room, the figure turned around, staring at Techno from behind a white mask. 

"Dream. What the hell are you doing here. What did you do with Y/N? I don't have time for this." Technoblade panted, limping into the room and leaning himself against a chest. His strength was slowly returning.

Dream said nothing, he only turned and walked to the entrance of the cave. With one quick swing, he knocked a stone out of place, causing a rockslide to cover the entrance. He then turned around and headed back into the Final Control Room.

"Y/N is safe. She's waiting for you down that tunnel." Dream pointed down a tunnel leading away from L'Manberg.

"But she was unconscious, I saw her." Technoblade looked up at Dream, confused.

"Fainted. She's fine now. I told her to wait at the end of the tunnel for you." Dream was being suspiciously nice. "There's armor in the chest." The masked man pointed at the 'Technoblade' chest. Techno cautiously opened it, revealing iron armor and a silk touch pickaxe, as well as some other items, including potions and gapples.

"There's also an ender chest..." Dream pointed to the dark box with the familiar green eye embedded in it.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?" Technoblade began to put on the armor. Dream said nothing. Suddenly there was a noise from the entrance of the cave. It sounded like someone swinging a pickaxe.