Somber Memories

"...if this is a war, I wouldn't mind joining"

I put my axe on my shoulder and my other hand on my hip, to show confidence. They all looked at me in shock. I just turned around and glanced at them.

"What? Scared?" I was confident in my skill. Wilbur and Dream seemed to have been at loss of words. Tommy however was a different story.

"Woo! Big E's gonna join L'manberg!" he screamed pumping his fists in the air, making all of us look at him. Tubbo had an unreadable expression and Fundy just froze.

"Tommy, please the adults are speaking" Dream rolled his eyes. Tommy opened his mouth to speak, but Tubbo put his hand on his shoulder.

"So, I guess we get to beat the almighty 'Mistress of Massacre'" the one with a bandana said, making me scoff at him.

"We'll see bandana boy" I teased. Then goggles decided to chime in.

"Well can this be over yet, I wanna go to sleep" he yawned. I nodded along and was hit by a sudden wave of drowsiness.

"Trust me goggles, I wanna sleep just as mush as you do." I glanced over to Dream and wanted to say something taunting, when something came to mind.

"Can't wait to see how you improved, Clay" I grinned, walking away from the crowd. I turned one last time, to see his expression, only to see him look down and turn away, dissapearing in the woods, his accomplices following behind him.

"Goodnight everyone!" I cheerfully announced and passed the door I completely destroyed. Should probably get them a new one. I went into the hallway and into my room, collapsing on the bed, sleep quickly devouring my mind.

Dream POV

"Can't wait to see how you improved, Clay" she said teasingly. Those words caught me completely off guard. What? How does she know my real name? First my nickname now my real one? I thought about it for a moment, but eventually started to leave the area. George and Sapnap followed closely behind.

"Okay something is wrong here" George said snapping from his sleepiness. There weren't many people who knew my real name. Only a few close friends and family... right? Who else could possibly know?

"First Dream, now Clay? How does she even know?" Sapnap exclaimed. I was asking myself the exact thing. Wait. There's only one other girl who knew my name. And from what I could gather that killer's name was Elaine. That's her name. There's no possible way it's her right? She was killed, by her, right?

"There's no way. She can't possibly be-" I didn't realize I was thinking out loud when George pointed it out.

"Dream, you okay?" he asked putting his hand on my shoulder. That broke me from my thoughts as I looked over my shoulder. He and Sapnap were concerned.

"I'm fine. Just slightly zoned out" I answered. They didn't seem to have been convinced as they stopped me in my tracks.

"Who are you talking about?" George asked again. I have to explain it to them someday. I sighed deeply, took off my mask and told them to follow me. We found a fallen log and I motioned them to sit down, which they understood immediately. I sat down along with them.

"So what's up?" Sapnap said breaking the silence. He knew this was serious.

"This is going to be a long story." I simply replied. Both of them looked at each other and nodded.

"Well, get started then" George ushered.

"This all happened about three to four years ago, when I applied for a guard at Danafor." I started off.

"Oh that job you were trying to get?" Sapnap asked.

"Yes and I got it, luckily" I took a pause as the memories started to become clear.

"On my first day, I was assigned to be a personal guard for the fiancè of the prince. When I got to her room i found her crying in the corner of her bed. I walked over and asked her what was wrong, turns out she was forced to marry the prince, due to her father signing the contract for her life." I explained to them. They seemed to have understood and gestured me to keep going.

"That's when we started to get close. We would go everywhere together do everything together and I would protect her from the dangers outside. Everynight after her lessons about being a princess she would wait for me to come into her room and we would talk about our lives and interests for hours." I paused again and started to sadden at the happy times I spent there. They seemed to notice and comforted me.

"Hey it's fine you don't have to tell us" George calmly rubbed circles on my back.

"No you guys deserve to know the full story" I told them. Even though it hurts to think about, they need to know.

"I developed feelings for her and started to tease her about it. She would blush and look away, which i thought was cute" I smiled.

"One day though, the prince found out and confronted me about it, which I denied. He only got angrier and exiled me from the whole kingdom. I was devastated at the news and asked if I could see her one more time, which he replied with a furious no with." I started to cry, when George told me it was all gonna be okay and I calmed down a bit.

"I felt horrible knowing she would be waiting for me, only to find out that I left without saying a word. The marriage happened earlier then it was supposed to and I had missed it. She was probably miserable marrying the man that caused her nothing but pain." I continued, blinking away my tears. These stupid emotions.

"It's not your fault Dream, its that douchbag prince." George defended me.

"If only I was there for her, we could've ran away together like I promised her"

"A few days later the she escaped without a trace. And a few months prior the whole family was killed. By the killer Mistress of Massacre" I finished. They both looked at me sympathetically and Sap put a hand on my shoulder, in a way of comfort.

"Why tell us so suddenly though. Right after we met her?" he was talking about the mistress, since she was the only one we encountered recently.

"She reminded me so much of her"