Chapter Two: "Let's Talk"

Warning(s): a/b/o, slightly heavy detail of torture/listing off different torture methods, tension, don't like? don't read.

Disclaimer: Merlin is not mine unfortunately

Bold is the Alpha voice being used.

Italics in "quotations" is past words or words that are being read in the person's head/thoughts.

It seemed that nothing yet everything changed all at once.

The tension between both Omega and Alpha was unreal, and the two avoided the heck out of one another.

Merlin may have still been his master's loyal servant and friend, but he was seen so differently now in the Prince's eyes.

Arthur was distantly protective, but someone like Merlin could easily see through this facade.

There was something unbearable lingering too.

Merlin could feel Arthur's eyes pricking needles in his skin, he shuddered whenever he walked into the same room as his, just knowing that the Prince was trying so desperately to see through his illusion.

The two of them stayed clear of each other's way. It was more so Merlin avoiding his master whenever there was a chance, and Arthur being somewhat lost in the choice of not scaring his servant, and urgently wanting to know the answers.

If Merlin had just told him sooner.

What was there that stopped him from saying? Was Arthur that unapproachable? He wished that wasn't the case.

There was a lot between them both that has happened over the years of knowing one another.

Every situation seemed adorable, despite the consequences and the circumstances of what was going on.

Arthur remembers seeing Merlin's face one time. Really seeing.

Multiple, dead bodies lay on the ground. All of which being enemies, warriors but still, not one of their own.

The live knights were covered, every inch of their chainmail was filthy with dirt and blood. Yet as Arthur checked the unclean faces for any sign of his familiar servant, there was something perfect about what he lay his eyes on.

Merlin's flawless complexion gazing over his way, the whitest smile and eyes of pure, magical water. The glistening sky that pulled him in and let him fall peacefully, the cold breeze embracing his body into comforting clouds.

How he then dipped into the depth of the ocean, peering around for someone or something.

As he then realised that he was drowning happily, not pain but rather pleasure, because as he looked further into the blue, hands stretched out to grasp his cheeks, a smile of loving peculiarity. The spark of a storm met his lips, giving him another breath, then taking it away.

Arthur's eyes closed, pulling the body closer to his own as the water gently swirled them both around one another. The movement of the water making his hair tickle his forehead.

When they both parted, his eyelids fluttered open, becoming enveloped with the stinging taste of the salt water against his irises. Blinking at the passionate sight of a boy.

Black hair, blue eyes, and soft, pale skin. The imagery of perfection, he gazed at him, watching as he had risen to the surface. Meanwhile Arthur just began to fall once more, this time drifting away from his want.

His need.

A gargled plea left his mouth, shutting his eyes and reopening them to see all of his merry men once again.