Chapter Eight: "Home"

Warning(s): a/b/o

Disclaimer: Merlin is not mine unfortunately

Bold is the Alpha voice being used.

Italics in "quotations" is past words or words that are being read in the person's head/thoughts.

Author's Note: This one is cool ig

Three days.

That is how long they had to spend together out in those woods.

It seemed almost romantic, like a honeymoon. The first night was Merlin's first time, and Arthur's dream come true.

They spent every second in each other's embrace, and never seemed to speak about it throughout those days.

Merlin was either sleeping, or desperate.

Which, in it's own way, made Arthur a whole lot worse, as if he was entering his own rut.

Thankfully, he wasn't, otherwise his servant would've been in severe pain. This thought scared Arthur, to think that one day, it would be the other way around.

Not that he'd ever force him.

Into anything.

Merlin was easy to please during sex, and not in a rude way, he was clearly inexperienced.

Which made a lot more sense now. He was so soft and gentle to touch, all he wanted was for them to go slow and be as close as they possible. It seemed in a way, he was longing for affection. The first night they had spent together, all focus on what was going on back at Camelot, was put into Merlin, how delicate he felt against his fingertips.

Whereas Arthur would want it his way. This wasn't his own fault, even if he felt guilty for it, the way he acted during rut was normal, but the terrifying part was knowing that Merlin might consent to that one day. Although, maybe he wouldn't, maybe the fear of doing it during Arthur's rut would also control his body into not taking part.

Unfortunately, there was little to no chance of that happening, despite Arthur's best efforts to convince the servant otherwise.

Merlin was stubborn, just as he was but more, his bravery and the things he done for others was only a spectacle of who he truly was. So, if Arthur was in that state of want, there was a high possibility that Merlin would do anything to make it better.

It was the second day of Merlin's heat. The Prince waiting for the morning after effect to come, but when Arthur woke up alone, his mind laced with worry and confusion forced him onto his feet.

A cold chill ran along his skin, not like last night though, it felt clean, refreshing.

Arthur peered around. The horse was gone too.

Panic set in, and something in his heart felt as though it was about to break. Merlin wouldn't leave, would he?

A voice in his head was arguing with the intentions of his companion, something he would have to ignore for now.

Rushing to get his clothes and things on, Arthur had fixed himself up, grabbing the red cloak that lay on the floor and feeling to see if it was dry. When he saw that it was no longer wet, he added the cloak to his outfit. It was difficult to get ready without the assistance of Merlin, which made him upset to think that he would've left.

Just as he had finished getting ready, Arthur fled to the opening of the cave, gasping at the beautiful sight.

Snow.