Chapter Three: "Words of a Man"

Warning(s): a/b/o, slightly heavy detail of torture/listing off different torture methods, tension, don't like? don't read.

Disclaimer: Merlin is not mine unfortunately

Bold is the Alpha voice being used.

Italics in "quotations" is past words or words that are being read in the person's head/thoughts.

Author's Note: This one was a difficult one, I found it hard to express their feelings about different things. Arthur is not so much as mad about Merlin being an Omega, even if he should be, that is discussed later on in the book though, enjoy :)

The silence was deafening.

Two apponents sitting across from one another. Surprisingly, neither of them taking the conversation to the Prince's chambers, but rather keeping it safely said in Merlin's quarters.

The servant had never been more on edge in his entire life.

There were many options laid out in front of him, and the only one he could temporarily pick was to stay quiet.

It seemed like the correct thing to do, especially in such high order of ranking and royalty.

Arthur was his best friend, and his eternal soulmate.

Maybe not the way he wanted it to be, but Merlin's whole life had been planned and circulated around the soon to be King of Camelot. It didn't matter if he liked it or not, and at the start, he didn't.

Arthur was a complete prat, only bothered and running with his own self interest. The pride he felt riding alongside his royal highness would flood his heart with so much joy, and when he smiled, all the rooms in the world were lit a warm yellow.

To think now that there was a possibility of his sunrise fading, just clenched the air in his lungs.

Merlin, to say the least, was frozen. Every bone in his body stiff, and nerve was shut down into its own catatonic state.

Usually, he was very much capable of abandoning this behaviour, accepting that throughout his long life, he would suffer through fear and pain, but Merlin had never expected this.

The servant's eyes were glued to his lap, not once daring to look up at his Prince.

Oh Arthur, his sweet Arthur.

Nothing would pain him more than losing him.

Meanwhile, Arthur had been watching his servant's emotions gradually unfold, his eyebrows furrowed.

There were a lot of things in his life that meant the world to him. Merlin just happened to be one of them specifically, and seeing him in this state left his body in agony. If only he could see that Arthur wasn't here to hurt him, but just like Merlin, the Prince was too frightened to open his mouth.

Many situations would lay out then.

Such as him breaking down again, an argument, begging and pleading for mercy. None of which, he wanted for his sweet love. There were many reasons as to why he didn't want any of those events to take place. Many a thought as to how it would set itself out.

Arthur inhaled sharply, noticing how Merlin flinched even just at that. A worried glance shot to his servant. Oh Merlin, I'm not here to hurt you.

How was he to help him? Carry out a defined plan for his safety, when any sudden movement was frightening?

The Prince then shifted himself in his seat. Alright, you can do this, just relax and let us both talk this out, civilly, just as if they were Betas.