Finale: "Unsteady Future"

Warning(s): a/b/o, sweet loving

Disclaimer: Merlin is not mine unfortunately

Bold is the Alpha voice being used.

Italics in "quotations" is past words or words that are being read in the person's head/thoughts.

Author's Note: hi! this is the ending to this book

I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who decided they'd read this book, and a bigger thanks for the voters and lovely comments, I really love Merthur and it is good to see that the community is still alive.

It is so sad to see this book come to an end, I had such fun writing it, however I do have the sequel in the works. Anyways, enjoy! :)

Screams.

Agonising wails of anger and desperation, they echoed through the castle. Maids and servants standing around the hallway impatiently as they listened to the god awful sounds of life's most beautiful moment. The Knights of the round table were gathered around the doorway, listening in as a few of them paced. One in particular, being Gwaine.

The man bit his lip as he crossed his arms. "What if he's dying?" He asked outloud, the other's glaring down at him, Leon shaking his head. "Shut up Gwaine." He pushed away the other's concerned thoughts, despite that being at the back of everyone's minds, deep within they thought the same. Lancelot shook his head slowly. "No, that wouldn't happen, there are two sorcerers in there, a servant and the Kings of Camelot, I'm sure he is fine." The Knight reassured, giving the others a slight bit of hope as they continued to listen.

Beyond the doors of the chamber, there were those people. Two sorcerers, Virre and Gaius, a servant, Gwen, and the two Kings of Camelot; Arthur and Merlin.

Those deafening cries came from Merlin, tears rolling down his cheeks at a rapid pace as he leaned his head back on the pillow that kept him propped up. By his side there was Arthur, having a tight hold on his hand with both of his own as he cooed to him. Calming down the Omega by speaking or wiping away tears. Letting out many different deep and loving scents to relax him.

Giving birth was unendurable.

Merlin was shaking and yelling, Virre down at his bottom half as she encouraged him to keep breathing. The King was on edge, frustrated sweat dripping from his skin as he tried to breathe. Arthur smiled nervously. "You've got this, come on Merlin, just keep breathing–" He comforted, wincing in pain when the Omega squeezed his hand tighter, his eyes flashing an angered gold.

"W-What do you think I've been doing you idiot?!" Merlin growled, letting out a loud cry as he shifted around uncomfortably.

Arthur chuckled amongst his nerves, and placed his palm on the other's forehead, wiping away the sweat as he did so. "Okay, okay sorry." He apologised, Merlin glaring at him as tears fell. "U-Ugh... I hate you." The King whispered, making the Alpha laugh once again. "You always have." He whispered.

Suddenly, the Elder began to speak.

"Alright, Gaius, place the spell."

The Physician nodded, hovering his hands above Merlin's body as his eyes turned a goldish colour too, muttering a spell underneath his breath. Arthur watched, then continued to caress his husband's hand. Gaius then finished with a nod. "It is in place."

Virre nodded thankfully, before looking to Merlin. "Alright, Emrys, you are going to push now. The spell will keep your muscles from tearing and should keep the pain to a minimum." She explained, Gaius adding to that. "You should already know, but seeing as you're a sorcerer, the spell will only last a few minutes. Your body is more resistant to spells than most of us due to your high level of magic, it is trying to get rid of that spell, so you have to push now and fast."