Gone

The lovely cover is by leannaorange Alistair on the side

They both start unloading all of the unruly packages. They must know that I find them unfitting and are going to move them around. I start to lay down again when I hear Jason say "Oh no you don't, you need to come with me and then we will see about you going to sleep." 

I groaned as I got up and lazily followed Jason into the apartment. Clarity came over and began to coo over me I was already annoyed so when she tried to pet me I snapped and bit her. As Clarity stood there shrieking and Jason began to yell at me I realized that he would never love me as he did his Barbie girlfriend. I was his mate and he didn't even love me. The realization was to much for me and I turned around and ran. I weaved in between the movers feet and onto the street. I fled to the park and saw the big black wolf waiting for me. When he saw me he turned and ran with me right on his tail. He ran a long way and we ended up a mansion. I looked around confused a mansion for wolves strange.  

Suddenly the huge black wolf turned into a human with black hair and blue eyes. "shift!" he demanded.  

I whimpered and looked at him tring to make him understand. A look of understanding dawned in his eyes and his voice got soft. He said "it's ok now to shift back imagine your human self."  

I did as he said and snapped back into human form. I gasped in amazement shocked by how a human body felt. He took one look at me and sent me to his sister to be cleaned up after he said "I'm Alistar pleasure to meet you."  

His sister saw me and said "hi i'm Rachel what can I do for you?"  

I smiled shyly and replied "I'm Flu-Layla I'm Layla, Alistar sent me here for a clean up. ? 

"eeeepp!" she shrieked happily "makeover!" 

She drew a bath and dunked me in to it washing my wavy red hair. When I got out she handed my clothing and instructed me to go to Alistar's office.  

"where's that " I asked quietly.  

"oh right down the hall way to your left" she said.  

I thanked her and left dreading every step. When I got into Alistar's office he explained everything like how he was the alpha of this pack and how the mindlink works. I still don't understand why Jason left me. He would never get married now, it just a known fact that when a creature and a human are bound together, the human will never marry anything but that creature.I told Alistar.

He gave a strange look and asked who Jason was.

I told him he was my mate and he sent me away saying I couldn't be in his pack with a human mate

When I left I went to the mall to grab some clothing for my human form. I looked and saw that no one was around. I ripped off the tags and dashed out of the store clutching the clothes to my chest. I understood that it was wrong but I had no choice. I decided to run and never look back but somehow when I ran Jason never left my mind.

Two months later  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I was in IHOP when grief and pain flowed into my body and made me drop my plate. I ran out not even bothering to pick it up. I was mid stride when I shifted. It was the most natural thing in the world shifting into the form that I had been in for the last three years. I ran as fast as I could all the way to the dog park, hoping to find something to complete me. I was walking into the entrance when I saw Jason! I quickly jogged over to him and I wagged my tail. He didn't even lift his head from his knees. "Go Away, dog.' he said I wouldn't give up. I had to make him see that I was his mate, without actually showing him me. I put my paw on his leg and he looked up, "Fluffy!" he said "I've missed u so much and I'm just so sorry I let you leave!" 

I barked and rubbed myself up on him he smiled and said "come on fluffy let's go." He took me to his apartment that he had bought with Clarity and I began to growl. He chuckled and said "don't worry she's gone I dumped her when she began to cheat on me."  

. I did a dogs alternative of a smile and he laughed at me. I followed him inside and saw a plush dog bed waiting for me. I ran to it and plopped down before taking a nap. I waited until midnight then shifted. When I was in human form I dumped the dog food out of the bowl so that he would think that I ate it. Next I got an apple to eat as ate it I walked over to Jason's room. I stood at the doorframe and admired him until I finished my apple. Then I threw it away and walked over to Jason. I gave him a kiss and shifted back into a wolf.