Theif

A/N once again I can't get Kaylee to update or even give me story ideas so this is a chap written by me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was curled up in my dog bed when I heard a sound. It was just a soft click but it caught my attention because every time Jason came home from work the door made that sound.  No Layla You know that was the lock remember from when we were human.  I shook my head not wanting to get confused over which life's details were more important.  It didn't matter what mattered was that Jason was asleep and someone was breaking into his territory.

I stood up and stretched to my full size trying to be as intimidating as possible.  Of course me being a wolf was probably enough to scare them away but having a back up never hurt anyone.  I gave a Wolfy shrug and began to inch my way over to the door.  I was about seven feet from it when It swung open quietly and a woman walked in. 

I looked over the woman and wondered why in the world she was dressed in all  black in the middle of the summer.  Suddenly the annoyingly human part of my brain screamed out "Thief".  I felt dumb because I had taken so long to figure this out. 

The woman in black held out her and and whispered "Hello doggy you be good and help me find something valuable."

I shook my head at her and she gasped as if surprised I had understood her and responded.  I wondered why she was so shocked them I realized that I wasn't a human to her. I barked once and she turned to me frowning.

"Silence" She hissed and I got an idea.  I ran off into the other room where I had hidden some of my clothing and I shifted.  Once I was dressed I walked out to the living room acting as if the dog had awakened me.

Seeing the burgalar stuff something intop her purse I went up behind her and said "What do you think your doing?"

She began to shake and I reached inside her bag only to draw out the ring that Jason had once wanted to give to CJ.  I shook my head at her and said "now now you can't have that."

Suddenly the strange woman smiled scarily only to pull a gun out of her bag.  "You can keep the cheap ring but you saw my face now so you can't keep your life." 

She pulled the trigger and ran out of the room as I fell to the floor screaming in pain. I shifted back into a wolf and my last thought before I passed out was maybe my screams will be the push he neeeded.