Chapter 13

Go away!

Haruto was standing at the entrance of his house waiting for Jeongwoo. He was waiting to tell his plan on courting Junkyu he spent the whole night thinking about. You might be wondering what is the plan that's got him so exited? Well, that's a secret.

Jeongwoo was late that day. Haruto just thought that the reason for it was that his friend maybe woke up late. After a few minutes of scrolling through his twitter, he finally saw Jeongwoo walking towards his house, BUT with Junkyu clinging onto his arm like koala. Though he had to say that Junkyu looked really cute that day, but he could not ignore the fact that Junkyu was with someone else- be it his own bestfriend. They were talking about something which was inaudible to Haruto because of the distance. All he could make out was that they were both laughing  and smiling at something Junkyu said.

"Remember that time I fell down and started crying and you  carried me on your back all the way from the park to my house!?" Junkyu said recalling all the memories they shared. Jeongwoo just chuckled thinking about it. The time spent with Junkyu during his childhood were surely his happiest memories.

Poor Haruto could only see them from a distance feeling a certain urge in his body to go near then and push then away, but he restrained himself from doing so.

"Ruto-yah! Good morning!! " Junkyu said waving at Haruto with his right hand, the left hand still crossed with Jeongwoo's arm.

Jeongwoo to looked at the front towards Haruto to find him silently glaring at his direction. As if on reflex he slightly nudged Junkyu's hand telling him to let him go. Junkyu who was a bit confused by the sudden change in the behavior still let go of Jeongwoo's hand as he thought Jeongwoo was feeling uncomfortable.

Haruto walked towards them greeting them with a low-toned 'good morning' and went  between them, placing a hand on Junkyu's shoulder. Jeongwoo just stepped aside in defeat knowing the fact that Haruto liked Junkyu and he was not to get in between them.

"Why didn't you inform me that you guys were coming together?" He asked facing Junkyu. 

"Ah.. I just happened to wake up early and.." Junkyu who was nervous because of Haruto's face being too close to his managed to reply, "I just decided to surprise Jeongwoo!" He said quickly forming an excuse. He didn't want Haruto to know about the confession since even though Haruto was also his friend, he couldn't stop feeing nervous and uneasy with him nowadays. Haruto just replied with a 'hmm..' and started to walk. The air between the three suddenly turned  awkward and suffocating.

"So Kyu, didn't you say that you didn't know Japanese?" Jeongwoo asked Junkyu in an attempt to start a conversation.

"I said I was bad at reading Japanese. The alphabets are too hard to remember!" Junkyu answered with a pout on his face remembering the time he struggled to memorize all those alphabets. "You should start with Hiragana since it is easier than katakana and kanji, after you've learnt the alphabets the rest is gonna be less confusing." Haruto suggested.

"Yeah.. kanji was a bit too complicated for me.." The conversation kept going and Jeongwoo quickly regretted bringing up the topic since he was now being left out of the conversation.

"Did you bring your assignment? Today is the submission day." They were almost a few away from school when Junkyu asked the both of them out of nowhere. Jeongwoo just looked at Haruto since he was the one who was supposed to bring the assignment  as they completed it the day before yesterday at his house. Haruto had a  shocked expression on his face as if he just realized something.

"Don't tell me you-" Jeongwoo was about to get mad since they worked really hard on this assignment but before he could get angrier Haruto told them to  go ahead without him while he runs off to the direction to his house which was already too far away.