Chapter 15

A week after their last meeting at the park-

Junkyu had started to avoid having a conversation with Jeongwoo no matter what. They would see each other while going to school, at classes, and even while going home from school, but Junkyu had to avoid him if he wanted to see him happy. Why? You may ask.

The reason was that they knew each other exceptionally well. If they were to have a conversation Jeongwoo would be able to tell that he was sad. He would be able to tell that he was on the verge of breaking down too and wanted to break this invisible wall between them. But It went the other way too, He could see it more clear now that he heard those words from Jeongwoo himself. Jeongwoo was too anxious- or to be exact- something was stopping him from doing what he wants. But since he was already rejected  all he could do was to give him a small push, or a reason to see what was inside him, but it all depended on what Jeongwoo does.

It was foolish of him to rely on the baseless promise they made when they were parting ways as kids. He thought it was genuine- But promises are made to be broken. He should've known that beforehand.

While he was deep in his thoughts, his mobile phone buzzed on his side. He took it out- just to regret it soon after. It was a message from Jeongwoo. He had been messaging him more often nowadays. Questions like- How are you? or, What are you doing?- kept appearing everyday as if nothing happened between them. Sometimes he would text him something or ask him if they could meet, but deleted them soon after thinking that he never saw them. Though he would always read them from his notifications he would just ignore them, but it still did hurt. If he had no interest in him then why does he message him everyday? Junkyu was beyond sure that he made himself clear that day- but why can't he just leave him alone?

Park Jeongwoo is too confusing and he knew it himself since the first day.

It was currently a weekend- he planned to spend it in his room all day sleeping. It was approximately ten in the morning when his phone started playing the usual ringtone indicating that there was a call from someone. He lazily stretched his body to get rid of the sleepy feeling and reached out to the side table to get his phone. He couldn't see the call Id since he was not wearing his contacts nor his glasses but still picked it up.

"Junkyu-yah?" By the voice he could tell that it was Jihoon-hyung.

"Hmm.." He replied still not gotten over his morning sleep. "Sorry were you sleeping?" He asked. "It's alright hyung- Why did you call."

"You shouldn't sleep this late- but let me get to the point. Did something happen between you and Jeongwoo? You know that day you came to pick him up in the morning.. he has been acting strange since then." Jihoon waited for an answer but there was only silence- so he assumed that something did happen between them.

"Junkyu-yah, I know I shouldn't interfere between you two but can you please talk to him?" The voice was soft and gentle but Junkyu could still feel the hidden sadness in his voice. Yes, he did wanted to go back to Jeongwoo and hug him and say he didn't have to do everything- he didn't have to hurt. But he wanted to see the old and confident Jeongwoo back- it did hurt to act so cold and heartless but it will be worth it.

"I'm sorry hyung, I can't. Just give it some time, it'll be alright. But please try talking to him. He is your brother after all he will listen to you." He stated and ended the call. He tried to go back to bed, but he kept twisting and turning. the sleep long gone.

The call just now made him feel restless and worried. At times like these he wished he had never caught feelings- 'cause if he didn't he wouldn't be feeling anxious and hurt like this. He wouldn't have been ignoring him and they would've been playing games at his house like they usually do. The things you do for love..